none
Create VBA Via VBA, Not Rule

Question

• Business Case: I want to create, every hour, a normal-looking Outlook new mail notification for every item in folder "X" REGARDLESS of weather the mail is NEW or not. I would rather not create a custom form or use Message Box.

Question: If I have a reference to an Outlook.MailItem in an Inbox, how do I generate a Notification for it?

Gary Furash

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:40 PM

Answers

• What do you mean by a new mail notification?  The "toast" popup window and/or unread message envelope?  If so, those are set by Rules and/or your Desktop Alert Settings.  There's no way that I know of to force those via the Outlook Object Model.

Eric Legault MVP (Outlook)
    About me...
    Try Outlook Appins - affordable and easy to use!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:53 PM
  • There is a way (using MAPI or Redemption) to trigger automatic rule processing on an existing or explicitly created message in a PST store, but there is no way to trigger a new mail alert.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.4 is now available!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:21 PM

All replies

• What do you mean by a new mail notification?  The "toast" popup window and/or unread message envelope?  If so, those are set by Rules and/or your Desktop Alert Settings.  There's no way that I know of to force those via the Outlook Object Model.

Eric Legault MVP (Outlook)
    About me...
    Try Outlook Appins - affordable and easy to use!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:53 PM
  • too bad... I can't think of a way to configure a rule to do this.

Gary Furash

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:09 PM
  • There is a way (using MAPI or Redemption) to trigger automatic rule processing on an existing or explicitly created message in a PST store, but there is no way to trigger a new mail alert.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.4 is now available!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:21 PM