none
Update tasks completion in project server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

How to configure project server 2010 to update tasks completion after "Submit" in "Close tasks to update".
    If I choose "Publish" to update the completion of tasks in project. My staffs can not see the tasks anymore. And they have to open the project, and update tasks completion directly here.

Thanks all.
    Saturday, May 26, 2012 2:18 PM

Answers

• The main goal of the feature, "close tasks to update" is to stop ANY more updates from team members. If yu need to make the task available for update again, you will need to uncheck the box for that task on the "close tasks to update" screen and submit again.

Having said that, I think you are better off re-looking at your process. Why are team members not marking a task complete (or making remaning work zero), when submitting updates? if it is a project closure activity then, it should be the responsibility of the project manager, who can do it through the schedule.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by DoLeVu Saturday, June 2, 2012 3:46 PM
    Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:04 AM

All replies

• The main goal of the feature, "close tasks to update" is to stop ANY more updates from team members. If yu need to make the task available for update again, you will need to uncheck the box for that task on the "close tasks to update" screen and submit again.

Having said that, I think you are better off re-looking at your process. Why are team members not marking a task complete (or making remaning work zero), when submitting updates? if it is a project closure activity then, it should be the responsibility of the project manager, who can do it through the schedule.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by DoLeVu Saturday, June 2, 2012 3:46 PM
    Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:04 AM
  • Yes, the tasks completion can be updated when choose submit to close task to update.

But I need to open the project again, and then save it. If I don't do it, my team will never see the update of tasks completion

Saturday, June 2, 2012 3:48 PM