none
MS Visio 2013 Installation onto Windows 10 (1809) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have Windows 10 (1809) workstations with MS Office 365 ProPlus installed. We have not been able to installation MS Visio 2013 on the workstations. Both are 32-bit versions.

1. Could this be because the MS Visio MSI is not compatible with Click-to-Run version of MS Office?

Please advise...

Thanks in advance!

• Edited by GenXit Friday, May 8, 2020 7:10 PM
    Friday, May 8, 2020 7:10 PM

Answers

• Hi GenXit,

Office 365 ProPlus and Visio 2013 use different installation technologies, but they are different version numbers, 15.0 and 16.0, so they can be installed on one device at the same time.

To troubleshoot this issue, you can follow these steps below:

1.Please make sure you have sufficient permissions to install visio.

Right-click to run the Visio installation package with administrator permission.

2.Make sure you don't have another Visio version installed on your device, and if you've ever installed it, make sure it's completely uninstalled.

Uninstall Office from a PC

(This also uninstalls Office365, which you need to reinstall)

3.If the problem persists, re-create a Windows local account and install visio.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.                

Monday, May 11, 2020 2:20 AM
  • Hi Genxit,

Thanks for marking my reply as answer. I’m pleased to know that the information is helpful to you. I hope you are delighted with the service we provided you.

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

Issue Symptom:

Can't install MS Visio 2013 on workstation with Ms Office 365 ProPlus installed.

Solution Summary:

(This also uninstalls Office365, which we need to reinstall)

Reference links:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/uninstall-office-from-a-pc-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.                

Friday, June 12, 2020 8:09 AM

All replies

• Hi GenXit,

Office 365 ProPlus and Visio 2013 use different installation technologies, but they are different version numbers, 15.0 and 16.0, so they can be installed on one device at the same time.

Right-click to run the Visio installation package with administrator permission.

2.Make sure you don't have another Visio version installed on your device, and if you've ever installed it, make sure it's completely uninstalled.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Monday, May 11, 2020 2:20 AM
  • Hi GenXit,

Best regards

Itch Sun

This seems to be the fix - removing all MS Office products (Office and Visio Viewer). Thanks.

Toly Xiong

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 1:50 PM
  • Hi Genxit,

Thanks for marking my reply as answer. I’m pleased to know that the information is helpful to you. I hope you are delighted with the service we provided you.

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

Issue Symptom:

Can't install MS Visio 2013 on workstation with Ms Office 365 ProPlus installed.

Solution Summary:

(This also uninstalls Office365, which we need to reinstall)

Reference links:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/uninstall-office-from-a-pc-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Best regards

Itch Sun

Friday, June 12, 2020 8:09 AM