none
Run-time error '-2147319779 (8002801d)': Automation error Library not Registered RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all, I am working from Excel and want to send mails. I have referenced Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Object Library and Microsoft Outlook View Control . I have this error reading the first line of code.

Dim OutlookApp as Outlook.Application

Set OutlookApp = New Outlook.Application

Need help thanks.

Thanks to all that continue to serve as help HashMan

Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The automation library registration error is typical Office installation error. In your case, Office of two versions are installed side by side. Please completely remove both from Control Panel, and install only one version that you requires.

thanks.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Friday, January 18, 2013 4:56 AM

All replies

• Hello all, I am working from Excel and want to send mails. I have referenced Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Object Library and Microsoft Outlook View Control . I have this error reading the first line of code.

Dim OutlookApp as Outlook.Application

Set OutlookApp = New Outlook.Application

Need help thanks.

Based on the post on this link: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com I would like to note that I have both Microsoft Office 2007 and Microsoft Office 2010 but only have Microsoft Outlook 2007

Sunday, January 13, 2013 11:05 PM
  • Hi HashMan19_11;

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

It seems that there have some assembly hasn't register in registry. Can you run your Outlook manually? And do you ensure that Outlook View Control has been register?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:44 AM
  • Hi HashMan19_11;

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

It seems that there have some assembly hasn't register in registry. Can you run your Outlook manually? And do you ensure that Outlook View Control has been register?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thanks Tom Xu I can trace it on the Tool > Reference and checked Microsoft Outlook View Control. Yes it is here {0006F062-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\1.0 Hope to know what went wrong. Bravo.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:34 AM
  • Hi HashMan19_11,

Can you insert Outlook View Control into your workbook as an ActiveX control?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:04 AM
  • Hi HashMan19_11,

Can you insert Outlook View Control into your workbook as an ActiveX control?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Hi Tom I would like you to show me how to insert the Outlook View Control as ActiveX control in the workbook. Thanks.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:52 PM
  • Hi HashMan19_11,

I will involve some experts into your thread and to see whether they can help you out. There might be some time delay, appreciate for your patience.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:12 AM
  • Thanks Tom. I shall wait. Bravo.

Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:43 PM
  • Hi,

The automation library registration error is typical Office installation error. In your case, Office of two versions are installed side by side. Please completely remove both from Control Panel, and install only one version that you requires.

thanks.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Friday, January 18, 2013 4:56 AM
  • What should I do if I need to have more than one version of Office on my computer.  I support a number of different applications that are in various versions of Office.

Brad C. Parris Sr. IT Manager Custom Solutions

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 12:31 PM
  • I support a number of different applications that are in various versions of Office.
    Create "Virtual Machines" (VM) for the various combinations that you need to regularly access for support purposes. There is no way you're going to cover all bases on a single machine - no different then what we need to do when answering questions about the all the various Office versions spanning multiple operating system

Karl Timmermans [Outlook MVP] "Outlook Contact Import/Export/Data Mgmt" http://www.contactgenie.com

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 12:53 PM