none
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: Cannot complete this action.\n\nPlease try again. ---> RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

I'm new in UserProfileManager recently. Now, I'm develop a workflow with UserProfileProperty. And I'm getting a problem at runtime of workflow.

If you all do not mind, before I show my code snippet, I want you all see and think about my situation as below:

#1. For instance, I 'm running workflow with this account ("domain\\user1") and make sure I run with user token. This user has full control and I'm running this workflow on site collection A.

#2. This user ("domain\\user1") added by webapppool account to "Personalization services permissions" on SSP site collection. NOTICE that it only added from AD to there then and do nothing . And I did to enable check boxes all permissions for this user through this webapppool.

Note: SSP site collection run on another webapp and not the same webapp.

and show my code snippet.

.........something above..........

SPUser user = mSite.RootWeb.SiteUsers["domain\\user1"];
    SPUserToken userToken = user.UserToken;
     this.site = new SPSite(mSite.ID, mSite.Zone, userToken);

ServerContext context = ServerContext.GetContext(this.site);
    UserProfileManager profileManager = null;
    //SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(delegate
    //{
             profileManager = new UserProfileManager(context);//the exception occurs right here
    //});
    UserProfile u = profileManager.GetUserProfile(this.LoginName);

Here, I attemped to avoid using Security. RunWithElevated.... to specify the permission of user running. Hope you all get that.

And finally, I caught this error like this :

ex.ToString()    "Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: Cannot complete this action.\n\nPlease try again. --->
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005):
    Cannot complete this action.\n\nPlease try again.\r\n   at
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.CalculatePermissionsForCurrentThread(Object& pvarAcl, Boolean bOnlyAces, UInt64& pPermGrant, UInt64& pPermDeny, Boolean& pbIsSiteAdmin, Boolean& pbIsSiteAuditor)\r\n   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.CalculatePermissionsForCurrentThread(Object& pvarAcl, Boolean bOnlyAces, UInt64& pPermGrant, UInt64& pPermDeny, Boolean& pbIsSiteAdmin, Boolean& pbIsSiteAuditor)\r\n   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---\r\n   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.CalculatePermissionsForCurrentThread(Object& pvarAcl, Boolean bOnlyAces, UInt64& pPermGrant, UInt64& pPermDeny, Boolean& pbIsSiteAdmin, Boolean& pbIsSiteAuditor)\r\n   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPAcl`1.CalculatePermissions()\r\n   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPAcl`1.DoesUserHavePermissions(T permissions)\r\n   at Microsoft.Office.Server.Infrastructure.SharedServiceAccessControlList.AccessCheck(SharedServiceRights rights)\r\n   at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.SRPSite.CanManagePeople()\r\n   at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileManager.get_IsSiteAdmin()\r\n   at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileManager..ctor(ServerContext serverContext, Boolean IgnoreUserPrivacy, Boolean backwardCompatible)\r\n   at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileManager..ctor(ServerContext serverContext)\r\n

So, could you all let me know what''s happenning and let me know your solution ? The problem right here, I want to know the permission at least on this user to excecute this snippet code.

Thanks in advance,

Standley Nguyen

Friday, July 30, 2010 2:20 PM

All replies