none
  show up in message body since upgrade to Exchange 2016 CU17 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

since upgrade to Exchange 2016 CU17 we see   in message body in following cases so far:

• Appointments sent via Teams (Hybrid Configuration)
    • Drag & drop email messages to Tasks in Outlook
    • Preview in Windows Explorer after saving the message to file system
    • Received read receipt

Here an example with a read receipt:

We use Outlook 2013 in online mode and since we're using it in a terminal server environment cache mode is not an option at the moment. In Outlook 2016 messages are displayed correctly. Does anyone encounter the same problems since upgrade to CU17 or has an idea to work around this issue?

Thanks, Daniel.

Wednesday, August 19, 2020 6:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Daniel,

this behavior is documented in the "known issues" section in: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4556414/cumulative-update-17-for-exchange-server-2016

2016 CU18, 2019 CU6+7 are affected as well. Workaround is to use Outlook CacheMode or OWA.

regards

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 10:17 AM
  • Hi Ralf,

thanks for the information. As I wrote Cache Mode is not an option for us as we are on terminal servers. However, are there any plans to solve the issue in future versions?

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 10:50 AM
  • Hello, Grüß Gott & Moin Ralf,

from me also a thank you for the information (the point seems to be quite new in the Known Issues).
    You can find some entries about this problem in the internet, but only on German sites. Is there any information if this problem is language dependent and if so which component is relevant (language of the client, language of the mailbox, ...).

Best regards and thanks a lot
    Tuesday, September 22, 2020 11:41 AM
  • Hi Ralf,

thanks for the information. As I wrote Cache Mode is not an option for us as we are on terminal servers. However, are there any plans to solve the issue in future versions?

This is under investigation with the Product Group. And yes, you can enable CacheMode on RDSH/VDI environments https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/troubleshoot/installation/cached-exchange-mode

regards

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 12:55 PM
  • No, this is not language dependent.

regards

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 12:56 PM
  • Thanks for your update.

I'm aware that it is possible to enable cache mode in terminal server environments but it makes no sense because we use Citrix Xen App and the terminal servers are rebooted from a master image every second day and the ost file resides in user profile. In addition we would have to provide enough space for caching. Ok, it's possible to redirect the ost file but it's not a good idea to cache an exchange mailbox on an extra storage if the connection between the servers is 10g. It would be waste of storage space.

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 1:14 PM