none
Sharepoint search not working after creating new managed metadata service? RRS feed

• Question

• I have created new managed metadata service (with new database and application pool) and after that I am not able to search content with the error "Search has encountered a problem that prevents results from being returned. If the issue persists, please contact your administrator."

I also add new application pool for default managed metadata service because with the existing application pool I get error "The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started. Please Contact your Administrator". This issue is fixed after adding new application pool but Search is still not working. 

Monday, April 1, 2013 12:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Ahsan,

assuming that the newly created "managed metadata service " has been configured as the default MMS for your application. Try a full crawl and check the crawl log and confirm whether you get sucess crawl or not.  After that try search again. Good Luck

Regards, Roy Joyson
     Please remember to mark your question as "answered"/"Vote helpful" if this solves/helps your problem

Roy Joyson

Monday, April 1, 2013 12:46 PM
  • Thanks for help Joyson, newly created "managed metadata service" is not configured as default MMS and secondly i can crawl successfully without any error.

Did you mean reset index and crawl again? What if I delete default one and set the new one as default MMS?

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3:42 AM
  • Hi Ahsan,

Have you checked search administrator account permission? Looks like you have two issues. Check search configuration account and its permissions. Also for MMS are you able to see term store management tool?

Friday, December 21, 2018 10:09 PM