none
C# Access Violation Exception - "attempted to read or write protected memory. this is often an indication that other memory is corrupt." RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to run a program and whenever I do, I keep getting this error. Is there a way for me to fix this error without changing code. It is a big github project and I am just trying to get this started. Is there something I could uninstall or turn on or whatever to stop this error? 

The application also says it is a GLFW error.

Sunday, August 9, 2020 7:42 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The information provided is to broad to provide possible recommendations.

• When you say trying to run a program did you write it?
    • Version of Visual Studio ?
    • Framework version ?
    • Type of project ?
    • When does it happen ?
    • What is the offending code?
    • Did the code every run properly ?
    • Anything else you can add else we need to ask more questions.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Sunday, August 9, 2020 10:43 PM
  • Hi FijiWatr,

Thank you for posting here.

Since this project comes from Github, have you tried asking the author in that repository?

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 10, 2020 2:26 AM