none
Debugging MTP on my hardware RRS feed

• Question

• Using MYON-I SOM from Keith&Koep with DragonBoard 410c, I activated IOT_MTP. When I connect a dual ended USB-A connector from my system to my PC nothing happens. I'm not really sure where to go from here.

I haven't figured out which chipset I have (to see if its Synopsys or ChipIdea). USB peripherals (like network adapter, mouse, etc) do work in the same place I'm connecting. My registry values seem to match what I'm seeing.

Does this require a different type of cable, or is there a way to put the system into slave mode instead of host?

Sorry, not a hardware guy and not sure what questions I even need to ask the hardware people.

Friday, October 11, 2019 7:27 PM

All replies

• Hello matelich,

Have you added MTP to the interfaces enumerated by USBFN? The USBFN configuration still needs to be updated to include MTP.  Please see this document(Enabling the MTP USB interface).

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 14, 2019 2:51 AM
  • Hi Michael,

It was interesting to me when I installed the packages, they currently create a Configuration named MTPConfig and set it current, so those instructions are somewhat unnecessary. I did try manually making my own configuration following those steps and it didn't make a difference.

Another strange thing, that page lists 4 cab files which are required, however, I cannot find an en-US WindowsStorService cab. Is that defunct or do I have a defective set of cabs?

[10.0.9.99]: PS C:\Data\Users\Administrator\Documents> get-item 'HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\USBFN'

Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control

Name                           Property
    ----                           --------
    USBFN                          CurrentConfiguration : MTPConfig

[10.0.9.99]: PS C:\Data\Users\Administrator\Documents> dir 'HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\USBFN\Configurations\'

Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\USBFN\Configurations

Name                           Property
    ----                           --------
    Default                        bmAttributes           : 128
                                   bMaxPower              : 250
                                   InterfaceList          : {DIAG}
                                   MSOSCompatIdDescriptor : {64, 0, 0, 0...}
    DplCompositeConfig             bmAttributes  : 128
                                   bMaxPower     : 250
                                   InterfaceList : {DIAG, MODEM, RMNET, DPL}
    MTPConfig                      InterfaceList          : {MTP}
                                   MSOSCompatIdDescriptor : {40, 0, 0, 0...}
    RmNetCompositeConfig           bmAttributes  : 128
                                   InterfaceList : {DIAG, NMEA, MODEM, RMNET}
    SerialCompositeConfig          bmAttributes  : 128
                                   InterfaceList : {DIAG, MODEM, NMEA, TRACE}

Monday, October 14, 2019 3:12 PM
  • Hello matelich,

When you installed the packages, the configuration will be created automatically. The document introduces the steps if you want to create the configuration manually.

I also can not find the file Microsoft-WindowsStorSvc-API-Schema-Extension-Package_Lang_en-US.cab which mentioned in the doc. I have submitted an issue(#1538) in GitHub.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:52 AM
  • Thank you for confirming that, Michael. Do you have any other suggestions about how to diagnose what is wrong with my MTP configuration?
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 12:34 PM
  • Hello matelich,

You can use devcon to check the driver status when the device is connecting. DevCon (Devcon.exe), the Device Console, is a command-line tool that displays detailed information about devices on computers running Windows. 

Best Regards,

Michael

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 6:43 AM