none
Win IoT 10 Core + .net: RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Raspeberry pi B with windows 10 iot core and i wan to connect with MCP 16 bits to a Relay module 16 channel.
    I try some sample from this web site https://www.hackster.io/4803/i2c-port-expander-sample-0a6d4f

But i can't put it worker correctely.

The program start an put the Relay On and i cant turn off.

I need a example with all 16 bits to mapin relay channel.
    And the mor important i need to undersand how this work... to adapte my use case

Thanksin advance

• Moved by Fei Hu Thursday, April 26, 2018 7:18 AM Moved Fron C#
    Wednesday, April 25, 2018 2:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Fabio,

According to your question is more related to IOT, I will move the thread to win Iot forum for better support.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 26, 2018 7:16 AM
  • hi

i wan to connect with MCP 16 bits to a Relay module 16 channel.

the sample from hackster use a MCP23008 8-bit I2C Port Expander from Microchip and i assume you are trying to use a 16-bit one so you need to take a look at the Datasheet that you will find on the Product Page from the Manufacturer which gives you information about address and I2C commands you need to use to control this chip

And the mor important i need to undersand how this work... to adapte my use case

the sample on hackster includes a good project description and also inline code documentation so please read the project description and code comments to understand how it works 

we are happy to help if you came up with specific questions

br
    Andre

Thursday, April 26, 2018 2:32 PM