none
Windows 10 IoT LTSB and UWF / removing volume from UWF configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Back in WES7/FBWF times there was a possibility to permanently delete volume configuration from FBWF by using

FBWFMGR /removevolume V: 0|1

Now, with UWF there seems to be no way to remove volume, only to un-protect it, but it will still listed in UWFMGR. Am I missing something? Even a way to delete all UWF configuration will do.

For example UWF_Volume.Unprotect documentation says:

"Unprotecting the volume does not remove the UWF_Volume entry or any configuration settings from the UWF configuration registry. This means that you can unprotect a volume, and then protect it again later, while keeping any file exclusions or volume configurations that you have defined."

Thursday, October 17, 2019 2:10 PM

All replies

• Hello MKN_RM,

You might try to run the command 'uwfmgr.exe Volume Unprotect <volume>' on your device.  This command will remove the specified volume from the list of volumes that are protected by UWF. UWF stops protecting the volume after the next system restart. At the same time, this command will update the UWF_Volume.Unprotect configuration setting.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 21, 2019 3:27 AM
  • Hello Michael,

I'm sorry, have you tried to read my question? Let me quote myself:

"Now, with UWF there seems to be no way to remove volume, only to un-protect it, but it will still listed in UWFMGR."

The key for me is to remove any signs that some volume was protected at some time in the past and so remove clutter from the uwfmgr status output.

BTW: current uwfmgr status is significantly less readable and requires carefull inspection of all contents to find out what is the current state of the filter. Having multiple unprotected volumes from the past makes it even less readable.

fbwfmgr from WES7 on the other hand was so much easier, just a quick glance was enough - short output - the filter is off, long output - the filter is on.

• Edited by MKN_RM Monday, October 21, 2019 12:28 PM
    Monday, October 21, 2019 6:20 AM