Outlook Pst file error repairer RRS feed

• Question

• A client of mine runs an 8gb pst file which i have finally encouraged him to reduce by archiving off all pre 2013 communications.
    Phew.
    But before we do this i would prefer the pst file to be error free which it isn't. whenever i run scanpst on the file it gets to the point of copying the pst before making changes, the copy is good but then scanpst hangs. Scanpst can only be killed by end process in task manager.
    So of all the multitude of outlook pst file error recovery programs "out there" could i have some recommendations of which might be the correct tool. I have warned the client that it might cost £100 to purchase a program.
    Monday, August 31, 2015 6:59 AM

All replies

• Hello Percivalbart,

The forum is for developers. I'd suggest asking non-programming questions on the Outlook IT Pro Discussions or Microsoft Answers forum instead. I believe there you will find existing forum threads with similar questions.

Monday, August 31, 2015 7:39 AM
  • msdn forum is for developers you can post your outlook related query here https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=outlook
    Tuesday, September 1, 2015 12:56 AM
  • Exit Outlook and browse to one of the following file locations:

Outlook 2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16

Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16

Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15

Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14

Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12

Open SCANPST.EXE.

Select Browse to select the Outlook Data File (.pst) you want to scan. If you need help locating your Outlook Data File, see Locating the Outlook Data Files.

Choose Start to begin the scan.

If the scan finds errors, choose Repair to start the process to fix them.

When the repair is complete, start Outlook with the profile associated with the Outlook Data File you just repaired.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 11:19 AM
  • Hi all,

Use thisPST recovery tool as this can recover as well as convert all your files to MBOX and other formats like PST, EML, DBX, MSG, PST safely.

It comes with 3 modes of recovery- Standard deep and advanced to deal with different levels of corruption which can arise in Outlook PST.

Benefits-

1. Highly compatible with windows and outlook ANSI and UNICODE.

2. Easy to use tool

3. Maintains data integrity

Friday, November 27, 2020 12:46 PM