none
.Net Core 3 WPF on Win 10 IoT (Raspberry Pi) RRS feed

• Question

• Can I run a .Net Core 3 WPF app on a Raspberry Pi running Windows 10 IoT Core?

I've created a .Net Core 3 WPF project and I tried to publish it for win-arm but it failed. There is no option to deploy the app to a remote device in the same way that UWP apps allow.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 11:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi SRichardson,

Sorry for delay in reply.

According to your description, I searched for the official documents but there is not enough clear information about if it could run WPF on Win 10 LoT.

Since .NET Core 3 has supported to build and run WPF application, also UWP apps could deploy in Win 10 LoT, I’m not sure if it really could run WPF on Win 10 LoT, but in my opinion, it might be possible to run.

I have found a document: Deploy apps to your Windows 10 LoT Core device, you could follow these steps and check if this could help you to solve your issue.

Hope this could help you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 7:54 AM
  • Hi Tianyu, ARM isn't listed as a CPU option (it is listed in the document you linked to but I think that is a UWP app in VS2017). win-arm is listed as a 'target runtime' in the publish settings but trying to publish a 'self-contained' app throws an error (Publishing has encountered an error. Publishing failed) and publishing with 'deployment mode' set to 'framework dependent' doesn't create a file that can be installed on an IoT device via the device portal (needs to be appx, appxbundle etc but .exe is created).
    Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:15 AM
  • Hi SRichardson,

Thank you for the feedback.

Since it is hard for us to reproduce your issue and your issue is more related to .NET Core 3(WPF) and Windows 10 IoT, we recommend you could redirect your issue to stack overflow with tag windows-iot-core-10 or .net-core-3.0, and start a new thread with “windows iot core 10” for a professional support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 3, 2019 9:39 AM
  • I found a similar question on Stack Overflow which linked to this document. It states that only UWP apps are supported on Windows 10 IoT Core.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/windows-iot

Here is the question on Stack Overflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55200272/will-net-core-3-running-on-a-windows-10-iot-work-with-wpf

• Marked as answer by SRichardson Thursday, October 3, 2019 10:17 AM
    • Edited by SRichardson Thursday, October 3, 2019 10:20 AM Added link to question referred to in the answer.
    Thursday, October 3, 2019 10:17 AM