none
Could not use <name>; file already in use. (Error 3045) - Access DB RRS feed

• Question

• I have an access database which I created for a client. Just tried to run a delete query to make a blank copy of the database in order to do updates by migrating their data to the new copy; I'm the only one with access to the file... yet as I was closing the database & it was saving, I got a Error 3045. Supposed to be going to the client TODAY (within an hour) and this wasn't happening before. This error caused some corruption in the database before and I had to replace it with a backup to correct it. How can I fix this from happening going forward and prevent any data loss? The DB originally was created using 2008 and migrated to 2010 ... then checked for compatibility with current version of Access.
    Friday, November 20, 2020 3:57 PM

Answers

• @404_not_found

It may be that you had another instance of the application still open or a lock file wasn't deleted when the application was last closed. Either of those would lead to the application being read only and therefore any action such as an action query will fail

@Khurram Rahim

Yet again you have posted a link which has nothing to do with the topic described by the OP.

In this case, you just seem to have done a MS page search based on the word 'migrated' used in the OP's post

• Marked as answer by 404_Not_Found Saturday, November 21, 2020 1:27 AM
    Friday, November 20, 2020 11:17 PM

All replies

• forum migrated to mentioned below link please use this

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/index.html

hope answer the question if issue resolve please accept answer

Friday, November 20, 2020 8:00 PM
  • @404_not_found

It may be that you had another instance of the application still open or a lock file wasn't deleted when the application was last closed. Either of those would lead to the application being read only and therefore any action such as an action query will fail

@Khurram Rahim

Yet again you have posted a link which has nothing to do with the topic described by the OP.

In this case, you just seem to have done a MS page search based on the word 'migrated' used in the OP's post

• Marked as answer by 404_Not_Found Saturday, November 21, 2020 1:27 AM
    Friday, November 20, 2020 11:17 PM
  • forum migrated to mentioned below link please use this

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/index.html

hope answer the question if issue resolve please accept answer

This has NOTHING to do with my original post. Thanks for the effort though.
    Saturday, November 21, 2020 1:27 AM
  • @404_not_found

@Khurram Rahim

I figured out that it was due to me having Windows Explorer open and the file highlighted when I went to close the Access DB. When I have another file selected in the same Windows Explorer window, I do not get the error while exiting. Thanks for the suggestion. I figured it out myself but your answer was almost spot on!
    Saturday, November 21, 2020 1:29 AM
  • Interesting.

I would expect the open database to be highlighted in Explorer if it was opened from there. 

I've never seen that outcome happen before and have just tried to replicate it unsuccessfully.

Anyway, glad to see you have a solution that worked for you

Saturday, November 21, 2020 9:19 AM