none
RNDIS support on Win 10 IoT core RRS feed

• Question

• I have a generic RNDIS device that is recognized when plugged in to a USB port on my RaspberryPI running Win 10.  It shows up as a COM port when it should show up as a network device and have an IP address. when checking with ipconfig there is no IP address for the device and devcon.exe  status shows it is a COM port.  A file search on the device shows no rndis named files.  I assume there is no support for RNDIS at this time ... the question is will there be? ...  and is there a workaround? Any info would be appreciated

Thanks

Monday, December 28, 2015 6:41 PM

All replies

• The phone data stack (and voice for that matter) are not part of the IoT Core, only the Phone one.

If you have the com port layer, then at this time anyway, you would have to write your own PPP/RNDIS driver. Way too much for most people.

MS may be along to say if RNDIS, etc. is somewhere on the 'list of things to do', but don't expect a timetable.

riclh

Monday, December 28, 2015 10:05 PM
  • How would I connect Windows 10 IoT (Rasperry PI 3) with an embedded device running Android 2.3 (there is no Bluetooth or WIFI)?
    Currently with Windows 10 I'm using Remote NDIS (RNDIS) to connect them and use normal sockets to communicate.

Is there RNDIS support in Windows IoT? Is there any other possibility?

Thursday, April 14, 2016 6:26 AM
  • I was looking for this feature as well and I hoped that the IoT device could be an RNDIS client.

Sunday, April 17, 2016 9:19 PM
  • I have a device that displays itself as a USB RDNIS Network driver under full Windows.  However, I can't get it to work on Windows IOT with the minnowboard max.  I tried to port the driver using devcon dp_add but it doesn't work.  It seems RDNIS is built into windows as "Remote NDIS Compatible Device".  Any help porting this to Windows IOT on Minnowboard max?
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 4:15 AM