user account control RRS feed

• Question

• every time I turn on computer, I have to allow changes to be made by Webroot?  why  I rather not enable the control, but I do not like having this interrupt every time.

what can I do?

Monday, September 28, 2020 2:25 PM

All replies

• 1st,in cmd or run type: services.msc in msc,scroll to parental,double click,set to disable,exit msc restart pc.Also,one can could open task mgr,locate the running of webroot,R.click on it,open file location,chk its properties,delete it,plus delete other data running with it..Also,in run or cmd,type:regedit, expand:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,software,locate webroot,delete it,unexpand,locate:HKEY_LOCAL_USER/expand software,delete it if shown,exit regedit,1 can could also run search in my computer,type in the name,delete the results in webroot..
    Tuesday, September 29, 2020 1:17 AM
  • 1st,in cmd or run type: services.msc in msc,scroll to parental,double click,set to disable,exit msc restart pc.Also,one can could open task mgr,locate the running of webroot,R.click on it,open file location,chk its properties,delete it,plus delete other data running with it..Also,in run or cmd,type:regedit, expand:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,software,locate webroot,delete it,unexpand,locate:HKEY_LOCAL_USER/expand software,delete it if shown,exit regedit,1 can could also run search in my computer,type in the name,delete the results in webroot..

This reply makes no sense whatsoever.  Please share screen images of what you are recommending and an explanation of why each step should be performed. 

Tuesday, September 29, 2020 2:10 AM
  • every time I turn on computer, I have to allow changes to be made by Webroot?  why  I rather not enable the control, but I do not like having this interrupt every time.

what can I do?

You have posted in the Windows Performance Toolkit forum. Is your problem related to the Toolkit?

What exactly is "Webroot"? Is it a user account? Is it a folder, perhaps under C:\Inetpub? Perhaps you could share a screen image so that forum users would have a better understanding of your problem. 

Tuesday, September 29, 2020 2:22 AM