none
Win 10 IoT Core - Keyboard Language RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

Can someone tell me if it's possible to change Keyboard Language in Windows 10 IoT Core?
    Since the ISO download is for the en-US language, the keyboard defaults to en-US, but since i'm not in the US, i need to support all the characters and keyboard layout in my country.

Thank you.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 8:01 AM

Answers

• You may wanna use Power Shell Commands (Link) to do this.

Nevertheless, I think the current build of Windows 10 IoT Core is only in EN local and language.

Kind regards, Toby

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 8:52 AM

All replies

• You may wanna use Power Shell Commands (Link) to do this.

Nevertheless, I think the current build of Windows 10 IoT Core is only in EN local and language.

Kind regards, Toby

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 8:52 AM
  • Hi,

I'm devellopping app for my countrie's museum.

Rpi + WinIot seems to be a great way to.

I'm using Visual Studio Xaml + VB

But, I'm not able to change Keyboard Layout in Rpi. Initialy, it's QWERTY and I need Azerty.

How can I do this ?

I try : Set-WinUserLanguageList -LanguageList fr-FR in Powershell

But no success...

Thanks you

Vidark

Friday, October 23, 2015 7:37 AM
  • It don't work for me.

No way to put set-win... or set-culture.

I you are right. Current build only accept EN local.

Vidark

Thursday, October 29, 2015 2:11 PM
  • Hello,

It seems that iot core can only input English characters.

But I want to input Korean. I am wondering if there is a Korean IME installation method or a language pack installation method.

Through a USB keyboard rather than an onscreen keyboard

Thanks.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 1:05 AM
  • Hi Junghwan,

there is no Microsoft way how to do it, yet. Maybe you wanna checkout the following blog article that describes an alternative (little bit hacky) way to add new language (voice) packs to Windows 10 IoT Core. Maybe this is also a possible way to solve your problem.

Kind regards,

- Tobi

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:14 AM