none
SP 2013 - Error: This operation can be performed only on a computer that is joined to a server farm RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Community!

I am working with SharePoint 2013 and I built a farm inside the firewall.  Then a decision was made to move the two WFE's to the DMZ.  Since that time, whenever I try to access the site collections, I get the error below.  Other information: All the web applications are on port 80, but I'm not having any problem with accessing Central Administration which is on port 8080; the network team did screw up the DNS originally, but I'm told it's correct now; the two WFE's servers show in my Manage servers on the Farm interface 2X, once with the server name, once with the fully Qualified Domain Name, the ones with the FQDN shows a Services Running status of Not Configured.

Has anyone else ever seen this error and if so please provide guidance and instruction for fixing the error.

Thanks!

Tom

Server Error in '/' Application.

This operation can be performed only on a computer that is joined to a server farm by users who have permissions in SQL Server to read from the configuration database. To connect this server to the server farm, use the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard, located on the Start menu in Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: This operation can be performed only on a computer that is joined to a server farm by users who have permissions in SQL Server to read from the configuration database. To connect this server to the server farm, use the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard, located on the Start menu in Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the   execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and   location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace   below.  

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: This operation can be   performed only on a computer that is joined to a server farm by users who   have permissions in SQL Server to read from the configuration database. To   connect this server to the server farm, use the SharePoint Products   Configuration Wizard, located on the Start menu in Microsoft SharePoint 2010   Products.]

Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility.AlternateServerUrlFromHttpRequestUrl(Uri   url) +262

Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPAlternateUrl.GetContextUri(HttpContext   ctx) +385

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPAppRequestContext.InitCurrent(HttpContext context)   +1013

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPAppRequestContext.get_Current() +175

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.CreateSPRequestAndSetIdentity(SPSite site,   String name, Boolean bNotGlobalAdminCode, String strUrl, Boolean   bNotAddToContext, Byte[] UserToken, SPAppPrincipalToken appPrincipalToken,   String userName, Boolean bIgnoreTokenTimeout, Boolean bAsAnonymous) +400

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPRequestManager.GetContextRequest(SPRequestAuthenticationMode   authenticationMode) +120

Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPFarm.get_RequestAny() +370

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPLanguageSettings.GetGlobalInstalledLanguages(Int32   compatibilityLevel) +39

Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPTemplateFileSystemWatcher.RefreshInstalledLocales()   +103

Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPTemplateFileSystemWatcher.Initialize()   +130

Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPRequestModule.System.Web.IHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication   app) +873

System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr   appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +582

System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state,   MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +322

System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr   appContext, HttpContext context) +384

System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext)   +397

[HttpException (0x80004005): This operation can be performed only on a computer that is joined to a server farm by users who have permissions in SQL Server to read from the configuration database. To connect this server to the server farm, use the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard, located on the Start menu in Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products.]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +646

System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +159

System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest   wr, HttpContext context) +771

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18010

Tom Molskow - Senior SharePoint Architect - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 and 2012 Award - Linked-In - SharePoint Gypsy

Thursday, January 9, 2014 11:50 PM

Answers

All replies