HLK Tests, System crash during testing. Secure boot disabled RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an Cypress universal driver, we have fully tested this on Windows 10 32bit and all tests passed. Now on 64bit I am having issues.

When I plugin the device and install the driver the signature (EV certificate) is not recognized (error code 52). This is exactly why we want to do these tests of course, to get a Microsoft certification.

In order for HLKStudio to recognize the device I have to have a working device without errors. So I disabled Secure Boot and enabled test signing (bcdedit /set testsigning on). Seems fine, but when running the tests, it goes for the first reboot. It then crashes with the error: "driver verifier iomanager violation". The HLKTests turns on "driver verifier" which is probably required for testing with some configuration. Solutions on the internet just solve it by resetting the settings of this driver verifier. Unplugging the device makes my system boot again. Now while it was crashing and with those settings present, I enabled Secure Boot again which gave me the option to boot again with the device plugged in. But ofcourse that takes me back to square one.

So: 

1. How can I solve the iomanager violation problem.

2. Or, how can I run the tests with secure boot enabled with a unrecognized driver? Enabling test mode doesn't work if secure boot is enabled.

Some extra information:

- http://www.cypress.com is the company and websites where we have the driver files from, that match the device usb type. 

- The driver "package" or folder contains a cyusb.inf, cyusb.cat and a cyusb.sys. 

- The system error points to CYUSB.sys, so it definitely has something to do with this driver. 

I have created a kernel mode dump, I will upload this somewhere and share it later with you.

Sunday, June 11, 2017 9:47 PM

All replies

• Hi RageCompex,

I also encountered the same situation, how can you solve it?

Please help guide me.

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 11:18 AM