How to Fix "SharePoint Connection Error" RRS feed

• 질문

• I am trying to create new application (this is my first time) in SharePoint 2013. Using VS 12 and i am getting this error when i validate server URL it says, "SharePoint Connection Error"

I tried in "Provider Hosting", updating windows, visual studio still no luck.

• 편집됨 Sagheer Ahmed 2013년 6월 19일 수요일 오후 9:25
    2013년 5월 16일 목요일 오후 8:55

답변

• Issue is fixed. Office 2013tools were not intalling becuase my windows was not "SP1". when installing Microsoft SharePoint Client Components, it require at least W7 SP1.

I tried to update windows but it was taking forever then i installed Windows 8, and visual studio 12 and office tools - and its working now.

• 답변으로 표시됨 Sagheer Ahmed 2013년 5월 21일 화요일 오후 3:41
    2013년 5월 21일 화요일 오후 3:36

모든 응답

• Hi Sagheer,

This usually happens when you update our tools and the MEF cache of Visual Studio is in an invalid state. There is a way to clean the cache that most likely will resolve your issue. Here there are the steps:

1. First, clean the Visual Studio MEF cache. You need to delete this two folders:

<DRIVE>:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\ComponentModelCache <DRIVE>:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\Extensions

(You have to override <DRIVE> and <USER> with your local drive and your local user)

2. Finally, run "devenv /setup" in a Developer Command prompt.

Let me know if this fixed your issue.

Thanks.

Software Developer Engineer @ Visual Studio Tools for Office

2013년 5월 16일 목요일 오후 10:33
  • Hi Sagheer,

We are looking at your issue with more detail and trying to find a better solution. In order to help us improve our tools, would you mind to share with us the list of extensions you have installed in your Visual Studio instance and the setup logs files of the Office Tools?

Thank you very much for your collaboration.

Software Developer Engineer @ Visual Studio Tools for Office

2013년 5월 20일 월요일 오후 5:47
  • Issue is fixed. Office 2013tools were not intalling becuase my windows was not "SP1". when installing Microsoft SharePoint Client Components, it require at least W7 SP1.

I tried to update windows but it was taking forever then i installed Windows 8, and visual studio 12 and office tools - and its working now.

• 답변으로 표시됨 Sagheer Ahmed 2013년 5월 21일 화요일 오후 3:41
    2013년 5월 21일 화요일 오후 3:36