CD burning error "Windows - No Disk" RRS feed

• 질문

• I have a CD/ DVD burning application that pretty much works fine (I am able to burn CD/ DVDs properly). However soon after the burn process is over, I get this error dialog:

"Windows - No Disk"

"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E:".

where "E:" is my DVD drive.

What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

The shortest distance between two points is under construction. - Noelie Altito
    2010년 10월 14일 목요일 오전 8:19

답변

• Hi,

Just a suggestion: That could be explorer who pops up the window. Do you have all explorer windows closed (which enlists content of the optical drive)?

In any case, XP is out of general support.

With Regards,
    Mikhail

2010년 11월 3일 수요일 오후 8:14

모든 응답

• I tried searching elsewhere. No luck :(

Is there a reason why this happens? The error dialog is popped up from Windows Client Server Runtime Process (csrss.exe).

2010년 10월 18일 월요일 오전 10:41
  • Hello,

Please provide more details about the issue. repro steps could be helpful

2010년 10월 25일 월요일 오후 10:02
  • Hi Mikhail.

I wrote a sample burning application that uses IMAPI and ran it on a Windows XP SP3 machine. I started off the burn operation and when the burn has finished, I want the tray to be ejected. So I called the eject disk method after Write is done. Here is my Write method:

HRESULT CTestClass::WriteToMedium(...){

CComPtr<IDiscRecorder2> discRecorder = NULL;
    // Create a new IDiscRecorder2(discRecorder)  and initialize with the unique id of the drive.
            hr = ::CoCreateInstance(
                CLSID_MsftDiscRecorder2,
                NULL, 
                CLSCTX_ALL,
                IID_PPV_ARGS(&discRecorder);

//- after writing is done -
    discRecorder->EjectMedia();
    return hr;
    }

I am able to burn the medium but the strange error pops up. This is reproducible.  
    I don't think this has anything to do with the 'AutoEject' feature in the Recording tab of CD drive. Am I wrong?

2010년 10월 26일 화요일 오전 10:17
  • Hi,

In order to investigate that issue on Windows XP you'll need extended XP support agreement with Microsoft.

Does that repro on Win Vista/Win7?

With Regards,
    Mikhail

2010년 10월 27일 수요일 오후 5:35
  •  

In order to investigate that issue on Windows XP you'll need extended XP support agreement with Microsoft.

I am not able to call the below interface methods successfully in XP machine.

pIFileSystemImage->put_MultisessionInterfaces(...); // returns IMAPI_E_NO_COMPATIBLE_MULTISESSION_TYPE

pIFileSystemImage->ImportFileSystem( .. ); // returns IMAPI_E_MULTISESSION_NOT_SET

pIFileSystemImage->get_UDFRevision( &lUDFRevision ); // returns 1.02 version always

Actually my aim is to get the UDF version of DVD RAM.

These methods will work in Win7 machine.

Please let me know there is any support for XP machine to find the exact UDF version

2010년 10월 28일 목요일 오후 3:36
  • Hi Mikhail,

I tried the same steps in Windows 7 64-bit machine. I could not replicate the issue. Wondering what could have caused this in Windows XP? But is that related to 'AutoEject' feature in the Recording tab of CD drive?

Thanks a lot!

-mlattice

2010년 11월 3일 수요일 오후 4:28
  • Hi,

Just a suggestion: That could be explorer who pops up the window. Do you have all explorer windows closed (which enlists content of the optical drive)?

In any case, XP is out of general support.

With Regards,
    Mikhail

2010년 11월 3일 수요일 오후 8:14