none
How to know a Database(Table) changed if I only have dbreader role(read permission) ? RRS feed

• 질문

• My application is a sub-application which could know a database(table) changed by main application through SqlTableDependency
    (https://github.com/christiandelbianco) 

When I was using SqlTableDependency, I had sysadmin role which can create triger, contract, message, queue, service broker, procedure but now I only have dbreader role(read permisiion). 

What is best solution for this limited situation? 

Or what if the main application creates a .txt file in a folder whenever the database(table) is changed, how can I utilize the creation of a .txt file ? 

Thank you so much !
    2022년 4월 25일 월요일 오전 12:17

답변

• Hi, Kay_Lee
    Thanks for posting in forum!

For read only permission, the method that you can choose is too less(such as pull the data and compare it to the data you have before, this is not a good solution),  suggest you to get help from someone who have more permission in order to built a solution - there are multiple option to track changing in table data.

Please reading below blog, this blog cover the available options to implement change tracking over a Microsoft SQL Server database. It also discuss the pros and cons of each method. 

This blog talked about :
    •“Crawling” tables
    •Working with triggers
    •Change Tracking
    •Change Data Capture
    •Query Notification

SQL Server: Overview of different methods for change tracking

Thank you.

MSDN Community Support Elin

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• 답변으로 표시됨 Kay_Lee 2022년 4월 25일 월요일 오전 10:33
    2022년 4월 25일 월요일 오전 8:55
    중재자