none
When I run my clickonce A application, other B, C applicatons and also A sometimes slow down together. A, B, C all applications use SQL Server and B uses Gateway. RRS feed

• 질문

• I don't know reasons but much eager to know what this situation is, because it significantly bothers the performance of my application A.

There was no problem when running A, B, C applications together before December, 2018. However, There was an update of B at December, 2018 and the slowness started then.

The slowness is not always but 2~ 3 times/10 when I operate(saving data, double-clicking and so on) B or C applications.

It hangs for 5~ 7 seconds with mouse pointer turning repeatedly.

B application is main operation software here and it has a Gateway icon in Windows 10 icon tray.

And A, B, C applications use Microsoft SQL Server and A, B, C has its own SQL Logins but only SQL login of my application A is not officially allowed by B (the main operation software and which has a Gateway).

As a important point, when I don't use A application, the B, C applicatoins works fine without any slowness but the slowness just starts after I run applicaton A obviously.

I don't know how a Gateway works and what a Gateway is.

Maybe it's not Gateway issue and something else.

This issue is critically interfering performance of my application and I highly appreciate excellent insight and experience !

Thank you !

• 편집됨 Kay_Lee 2020년 4월 13일 월요일 오전 10:33
    2020년 4월 10일 금요일 오전 11:26

모든 응답

• Hi ,
    Would you please describe your problem in detail, such as:

1.Are the three applications A, B, and C located on the same machines or on different machines?  And are there any relationships between them?

2.Are all three applications connecting to the same instance of SQL Server? Is SQL Server located on a separate server from A, B, and C?

3.What is the SQL Server version?

4.What is the network configuration between them?

According to your description, the slowness problem appears on your applications when you make some operations that Interact with the database.

In addition you said that when not using the application A, everything seems to be fine. Will some operations on the application A greatly affect the performance of SQL Server?

It is not clear whether this problem is related to SQL Server. But when the problem occurs again, you can perform some detects (CPU utilization, memory pressure, etc.) on this SQL Server instance to determine whether there is pressure on the SQL Server side that caused the response slowness problem.

MSDN Community Support Ricky

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

2020년 4월 14일 화요일 오전 2:31
  • Hello, Ricky Jin​
    ​​
    Answers to your questions.​

1) All A, B, C applications are located on same machine(just like pizza shop, coffee shop there're main normal personal computers to operate sales management software)​

An official association of some industry developed application B and non-related commercial IT company developed application C to support functionalities of application B. A official allowed B with commercial contract.​

I also developed application A to support functionalities of application B but undergoing signing contract currently(not officially allowed yet)​

2) All A, B, C connect to one same instance of SQL Server in same machine​

3) Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express​

4) Do you mean when it comes to using different machines? I can't understad the meaning of network configuration.​
    ​​
    My application A use SQLTableDependency (you can find this easily) and A waits B to work through SQLTableDependency.​
    ​As you can imagine, some shops like pizza shop inserts sales data (peperoni pizza, coke, spaghetti) 10~ 20 times in 1 hour.
    I mean there's no SQL works which greatly pressures SQL Server.

Approximately 50% this kind of shops use B as main software but the rest 50% use B' or B'' or B''' applications.​

And with B' and B'' or B''', there have been no slowness with using application A together until now.

To confirm again, before  update at December, 2018, there had been no slowness using A, B, C together.​

​When using A, B, C together, the Task Manager of Windows 10 shows CPU 10%, RAM 46% (of 16 MB).
    And when it hangs with no response message at the title bar of application, the CPU reaches up to 30%.

As last and important point, the official association who developed appliation B is non-profit, public-profit organization but like money very much.
    They even locked the SQL Server to prevent nobody log-ins with integrated-security(Windows) easily.
    And I guess this slowness has been being caused by them to pursuit profit.

System Environment-​

Windows 10 Home, Intel I5-8500, RAM 16 MB, 64 bit O/S​
    Memory occupancy A 100 MB, B 70 MB, C 20 MB

• 편집됨 Kay_Lee 2020년 4월 19일 일요일 오후 12:15
    2020년 4월 19일 일요일 오후 12:14
  • Hi Kay_Lee,

According to your description, it looks like SQL Server is not under great pressure. The slowness and hang seems not due to the SQL Server.
    The issues occurred after the update of B application, and only occurs when app A is used at the same time, whether there are some problems between them.

In addition, you mean that A, B, C and SQL Server are all located on the same machine?
    It is particularly noteworthy that SQL Server 2005 is really too old for windows 10, the SQL Server 2005 is not supported on Windows 10.

Best Regards

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

2020년 4월 21일 화요일 오전 7:33
  • Hello Ricky Jin,

Yes, A, B, C applications and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express are all located on the same machine(a ordinary personal, home computer).

I also guess they only want to allow whom satisfies their greed for money.

As wrote, I'm undergoing signing a official contract with them.

I wonder if someone wants to monopolize a SQL Server, can they make some restrictions like this?

Now I'm using Windows 10 but I cannot use SQL 2014 Express because they monopolized it(I cannot access the SQL Server) and that's why I'm still using SQL 2005 Express on Windows 10

Best Regards,

2020년 4월 22일 수요일 오전 10:41
  • Hi Kay_Lee,

It is generally recommended to install SQL Server on a dedicated machine, which is only used as a SQL Server server.
    I don't quite understand what you mean by "monopolize".
    As an application on the Windows operating system, SQL Server, like other applications (A, B, C), needs to be managed by Windows, using various APIs open by Windows to apply for and schedule the use of various resources. In fact, the management of windows system resources by SQL Server is very mature.
    But SQL Server as a database management service, it can store all logins information, you can use a user to log in to SQL Server on a client. But how to use it depends on the client, depending on the client's programming method and connection method, for example, using an old driver may not support connecting to the new version of SQL Server.
    It is recommended to install a newer version of SQL Server on Windows 10. For the problem you cannot use SQL 2014 Express.Whether it means that you have successfully installed an instance of SQL Server 2014 Express, and the instance is running, you can successfully log in using SSMS, but you can not connect using the B application? It seems not a "monopolize", like a restriction.

Best Regards

2020년 4월 23일 목요일 오전 2:44
  • They disabled integrated-security log-in (Windows authentication) and only allowed SQL authentication. So, I(My application) cannot access to SQL Server to be installed with integrated-security at the beginning. This means nobody except them can log-in with SQL Server Management Studio. I think they want to allow people only who pay money.

I saw some news saying,

'In Corona-19 virus situation, Korean government shut downed all schools(off-line) not to be gathered for social distancing and started on-line schools recently.

Millions children(students) tried to connect to government on-line school server and terrible traffic jam occured.

However, government solved this problem with CDN (content delivery network) technology and said that with CDN, the access delay to Gateway is highly reduced.'

What is access delay to Gateway? Does this situation(Gateway) have related point with my case ?

2020년 4월 28일 화요일 오전 5:11
  • Hi,
    you can install SQL Server with mixed authentication mode(SQL and windows authentication), this enable the 'sa' account.
    you said the A, B, C applications and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express are all located on the same machine, so i don't think your case is related to the gateway.

2020년 4월 29일 수요일 오전 2:33
  • Hello,

Because B application is main software which installed with SQL Server and exists first everyplace, if they disable the windows authentication(integrated security), there's no way I can access to the SQL Server after they locked up the SQL Server (My application is sub-application)

If you think it's not related to the gateway, it's ok.

Applications A, B, C are all small, simple software(without any high quality graphic, sound, multi-threading works) occupying below 100 MB RAM

but the only points are that they all connect to SQL Server and the slowness occurs 1~ 4 times out of 10 approximately.

I hope you or somebody have excellent insight for this problem.

Thank you !

• 편집됨 Kay_Lee 2020년 4월 29일 수요일 오전 5:50
    2020년 4월 29일 수요일 오전 5:50
  • Hi Kay_Lee,

In my current opinion, this issue may not be caused by the SQL Server. For non-SQL Server areas, hope to have more professional people to give advice.  
    Thanks for your support and understanding.

2020년 4월 30일 목요일 오전 6:51