none
AzS - SQL Resource provider - Off Stack host HA SKU - create database error RRS feed

• 質問

• Hello.

I am receiving this error on a few different ASDK environments when attempting to deploy a PaaS MSSQL database via the resource provider.

{

"error": {

"code": "-2146233033",

"message": "Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list."

}

}

Environment metrics.

• ASDK 1805 build (three separate installed environments)
    • SQL Resource provider build 1.1.24.0
    • SQL Server off stack, AlwaysOn environment build 14.0.1000.169 (X64)

Detail.

We did have success with a previous SQL PaaS off stack environment using the SQL RP build 1.1.18.0.

The SQL Resource Provider connects directly to the AlwaysOn FCI listener FQDN, as a SQL Hosting Server, just fine. The error surfaces when attempting to create a PaaS database utilizing the off stack Highly Available (Always On Availability Group) SKU. 

It is worth mentioning, a SQL RP host, aligned on Stack, does successfully allow a PaaS database to be deployed utilizing a standalone SKU.

It is also worth mentioning that the same DB create failure surfaces from the Admin or Tenant logins. Same error posted above.

Some references to the error do point to SQL connectivity, however, the error is very vague. Are there any MSFT internal issues with the SQL RP build 1.1.24.0 regarding an AlwaysOn SQL host?

What other metrics can I provide? Let me know.

RFSonders

2018年6月27日 0:42

回答

すべての返信

• There was a change in our handling for SQL Always On. You must make sure DNS is properly setup in Azure Stack, and that there are records for the hosts as well as the listener. Ensure forward and reverse DNS is working properly and that your SQL servers are all registered with DNS.
    2018年6月28日 0:17
  • Hello Jeff

I can successfully register the off stack SQL host without issue. It is the PaaS DB creation that fails. Is this failure a product of the change? Why would DNS effect a DB creation after a successful SQL host registration? 

As I mentioned, this did work perfectly in previous ASDK and SQL RP version.

If there is additional configuration to now execute, will the MSFT team be updating this doc?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/azure-stack-sql-resource-provider-hosting-servers

RFSonders

2018年6月28日 0:44
  • After setting up DNS in Azure Stack, pointing to the off stack listener, this is now the error.

• { "error": { "code": "-2146233088", "message": "HostingServerIsNotAListener - 'mssqloffstack.dbadapter.local.azurestack.external' is a hosting server. Please use a SQL Server listener." } }

RFSonders

2018年6月28日 1:47
  • If the hosting server is offstack, I don't understand why it's coming up with a DNS address pointing back to the local azurestack. It also appears that you are deploying the sql cluster into the RP resource group (which owns the dbadapter namespace). Maybe on a different azure stack which has the same default name, and is not participating in forward/reverse DNS.

The SQL AlwaysOn listener must have a valid DNS registration, and the RP must be given the FQDN that can be resolved from the RP azure stack.

2018年6月29日 18:26
  • Hello.

I have pulled out the recommended DNS config until I can reference official documentation. To reiterate, the off stack instance worked perfectly with previous releases regarding a database creation. 

The environment has been rebuilt with the same issue still in existence. 

I have the AzS logs if you would like them.

RFSonders

2018年6月29日 18:31
  • Still seeing this error during SQL RP off stack DB creation operation.

• { "error": { "code": "-2146233033", "message": "Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list." } }

RFSonders

2018年7月2日 23:16
  • Hello.

Is there any possibility of a dialogue here to address this issue? Would the MSFT team like the logs from the stack instance? I have them, post SQL DB create failure.

RFSonders

2018年7月3日 12:59
  • Hello,

If you could, please email ascustfeedback@microsoft.com to get a workspace setup to upload your logs.

Make sure to use a Work, Organizational or Student address when contacting ascustfeedback@microsoft.com and include the thread URL in the subject. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks, 

Gary Gallanes

2018年7月3日 17:51
    モデレータ
  • Sent email from my corporate account to the address provided. 

Bounced.

"Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's e-mail provider rejected it."

RFSonders

2018年7月3日 19:24
  • Robert,

We did receive your email and someone from MSFT should reach out to you shortly.

Also -  If you provide a phone number in your reply to ascustfeedback@microsoft.com, our Azure Stack SQL PM's could set up a time to go over this issue in a bit more detail.

Thanks,   

Gary Gallanes

2018年7月3日 22:54
    モデレータ
  • Hello Gary.

I would still like to talk to someone about this error when attempting to connect to an HA Listener. I have never received any follow-up emails.

{

"error": {

"code": "-2146233033",

"message": "Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list."

}

}

RFSonders

2019年2月25日 23:14
  • Hi Robert, 

Gary no longer works with Azure Stack, but I would be happy to help you to continue. Can you please Email me at AzCommunity@microsoft.com, and we will go from there. 

2019年2月27日 23:29
    モデレータ
  • Robert,

The SQL product team would like to handle this via Azure Support. Do you have the ability to open an Azure support request? If not, please send your Subscription ID to the email address Travis provided and we can have a support request enabled to have this issue investigated.

Thanks,

Mike

2019年3月18日 21:03
    モデレータ