none
Custom pre-shared key

質問

• I know this is just the preview version, but I am fairly well versed in configuring IPSec VPNs and would like to try the Virtual Network for Cross-Premises Connectivity but I do not have one of the prescribed VPN routers for which you have a configuration script. I have read the scripts and configured my router with the same settings with one exception. My VPN router can only accept preshared keys of 8 to 49 characters and of course as you know, your prehsared keys are 50 characters long. Is there any way to change this? I am really frustrated because I seem to be being stopped by one lousy ASCII character.

Thanks

• 編集済み Onesimus 2012年7月11日 21:52
    2012年7月11日 21:52

回答

• Hi!

We unfortunately do not have the ablity to support custom PSKs as part of the preview release. We would however like to get more information on the model of VPN device you are using to see if we could help in any way possible.

Thanks,

Ganesh Srinivasan [MSFT]

• 回答としてマーク Onesimus 2012年7月12日 0:13
    2012年7月11日 23:35
    モデレータ

すべての返信

• Hi!

We unfortunately do not have the ablity to support custom PSKs as part of the preview release. We would however like to get more information on the model of VPN device you are using to see if we could help in any way possible.

Thanks,

Ganesh Srinivasan [MSFT]

• 回答としてマーク Onesimus 2012年7月12日 0:13
    2012年7月11日 23:35
    モデレータ
  • I am using a NetGear FSV336G. It is the model that most of my clients use. The router support esp, SHA-1, and AES-128. I have gotten it to connect to every other VPN router I have tried. The only shortcoming is that it only allows keys of up to 49 characters.

I would be willing to create a short tutorial on connecting this VPN router if it will work.

Steve Miller MedFrame, Inc.

2012年7月12日 0:16
  • Hi, Steve:

While what Ganesh said above is true, we do allow you to change the length of the PSK programmatically (not exposed via the portal):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/jj154114

I think you can just set the key length to something less than 49 characters, right?

2012年7月12日 3:31
    モデレータ
  • I wasable to get a 49 character key programmatically based on sample code on the internet. I still am not able to connect to our virtual network. Specifically, I am using a Netgear FVS318G.  I am getting time up in Phase 1  negotiation. Has anyone sucessfully connected to a Virtual network using a Netgear router?

2012年8月8日 22:04