SQL Azure Data Sync Tool for SQL Server: An exception occurred while executing a transact-sql statement or batch RRS feed

• 質問

• Hi

Is there a solution to the "An exception occurred while executing a transact-sql statement or batch" error that I get while using the SQL Azure Data Sync Tool for SQL Server?

I've tried syncing two difference sets of databases and they have both failed with this error.

Cheers

David
    2009年12月15日 14:08

回答

• I wanted to update this thread with the resolution to the problem for anyone that might be following it.

With the current CTP of SQL Azure Data Sync, we only support SQL Server 2008 and with this you will need to have SQL Agent (which I believe means SQL Server 2008 Express is not an option). 

David was kind enough to send me the schema and I verified that it did in fact work for me, but since he was running SQL Server 2005 it was failing to create the SQL Agent.   David is currently downloading SQL Server 2008 Enterprise eval which I suspect will solve the problem but hopefuly he will confirm.

I also want to point out that in the next update we are hoping to extend support to SQL Server 2005 and also allow you to execute synchronize changes outside of SQL Agent that should also allow us to support SQL Express.

Liam

Sr. Program Manager, SQL Azure and Sync Framework - http://msdn.microsoft.com/sync/
    2009年12月15日 18:53

すべての返信

• Hi David,

Would you be willing to send the database schema to me to so we can take a closer look at it?  My email is Liam.Cavanagh AT microsoft.com.

Also, since this CTP is limited in the amount of data that you can intially sync (usually 10's of thousands of rows for one sync and this limit will be increased greatly in the next release), a common reason for this error has to do with how much data is being synchronized. 

If you have the time, you might try setting this up with a blank SQL Server database.  If that works you could add chunks of the data until it is up-to-date. 

Thanks,
    Liam
    Sr. Program Manager, SQL Azure and Sync Framework - http://msdn.microsoft.com/sync/
    2009年12月15日 14:51
  • Thanks Liam!

I've sent over the schema and as I mention in my email, I get the error at the "Start adding Sql Agent Sync Job" stage...

Cheers

David
    2009年12月15日 15:36
  • I wanted to update this thread with the resolution to the problem for anyone that might be following it.

With the current CTP of SQL Azure Data Sync, we only support SQL Server 2008 and with this you will need to have SQL Agent (which I believe means SQL Server 2008 Express is not an option). 

David was kind enough to send me the schema and I verified that it did in fact work for me, but since he was running SQL Server 2005 it was failing to create the SQL Agent.   David is currently downloading SQL Server 2008 Enterprise eval which I suspect will solve the problem but hopefuly he will confirm.

I also want to point out that in the next update we are hoping to extend support to SQL Server 2005 and also allow you to execute synchronize changes outside of SQL Agent that should also allow us to support SQL Express.

Liam

2009年12月15日 18:53
  • I had a sync tool issue as well that turned out to be a file path not found error. Not sure if it's because I tried running the Agent Job without sync tool installed on the database server system (I actually installed and ran the tool on my management client) but I was able to extract the CMD from the jobs task step and ran it manually in cmd.exe from my management workstation and it worked. I will be installing it on the database server itself later this evening and trying it again.
    Owner, Quilnet Solutions
    2009年12月15日 20:44
  • Hi Liam

I can confirm that the upgrade to SQL Server 2008 fixed the error creating the SQL Agent Job.

I did get a "System.Exception: ReadCred" error when I ran the job, but I noticed from other threads that if I change the account under which the SQL Agent runs to my administrator account it would fix the problem. I changed the account, restarted the service and the job worked.

SQL Server 2005 compatibility would be great please as that is all we have in our production environment!

Cheers

David
    2009年12月15日 20:53
  • Hi David,

Thanks for confirming that the above fixed worked for you and I apprecaiate your feedback during this CTP phase.

Liam
    2009年12月15日 20:56
  • I am having the same problem. I am running Windows Server 2008 R2, Sql Server 2008 SP1, Visual Studio 2010 RTM, and the 32bit version of the SyncSDK, and I cannot get it to sync!  Help!
    2010年6月17日 16:56