none
Change the cursor can not take effect immediately in IE10 unless I move the mouse RRS feed

• Question

• I am using below code and it is working for all browse except IE10 can you please help me for proper solution.

When I change the cursor by JS in IE10, it will not be effective unless I move the mouse.  PLEASE HELP...

function AjaxProcessingIndicator() {
                $('html, body').addClass('busy');
            }
    function AjaxCompletionIndicator() {
                $('html, body').removeClass('busy');
                document.body.style.cursor = 'default';
            }

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 5:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

the whole idea of using AJAX is to allow asynchronous injection of content.... that is the user can continue using the page while the content is loaded. The usual design pattern is to hide/display a gif animation (throbber) while the content is being requested, retrieved, then displayed. See the AJAX examples at jquery.com or jquerymobile.com

If you are calling an AJAX request during the window.onload event, consider instead to just add the ajax content to your landing page and retrieve additional content based on a user action. eg. scroll down or clicking a page number.

see http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/basics/how_do_web_browser_work.php

Your UX goal is to retrieve, load and render the site landing page within a timely manner (usually benchmarked at 3 seconds, which most humans perceive as 'instantaneous').

If possible please include a link to your website or a mashup (jsfiddle.com) with your questions. We need to see your server response headers and determine which jquery version you are using to give an informed answer.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 12:19 AM
  • Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:51 AM