none
setExpression usage! RRS feed

• Question

•  

I've an Iframe page which shows content from various app servers in my main page. To avoid getting double scrollbars with Iframe, i'm using setExpression method for the iframe to scale its height with respect to the content's height. This expression method works great except one case: where the content inside Iframe has a resize handler. If the content inside iframe has a resize handler, the resize handler inside calls outside expression handler and the expression handler outside calls iframe's resize handler which gets into an infinite loop.

I'm just trying to figure out an elegant approach to this problem. Can someone pls suggest me something here? Did you ever haev this issue and if so what did you do to solve this issue?

The removeExpression method *does not* work when the content inside iframe has a resize handler!!! is this an IE bug or something?

Thanks.

Monday, June 30, 2008 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Use the javascript typeof operator to test if the document in the iframe has a resize handler.

Regards.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 12:04 AM
  •  

Yes thats what I'm doing right now. Figuring out the resize hander's presense and remove the expressino from the outer document.

But is there anyway to resize the document even when the resize handler is present?

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 6:52 PM