none
How to repair WebCacheV01.dat without using eseutil.exe? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to develop a standalone application of reading the IE browser history file, WebCacheV01.dat file.

After copying the file from C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache to another location for processing, I end up having the file with state 'Dirty Shutdown'.

Is there a way of repairing it WITHOUT using eseutil as I wanted to develop my application standalone?

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 6:30 PM

Answers

• Maybe you could use the eseutil.exe in your application programmatically? For example a C++ application, you could use:

system("eseutil.exe XXXXX");

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 7:37 AM

All replies

• This forum is for Exchange Server-related development. Your question seems more related to IE. I'll move your post to an IE-related development forum.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2015 10:25 PM
  • Maybe you could use the eseutil.exe in your application programmatically? For example a C++ application, you could use:

system("eseutil.exe XXXXX");

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 7:37 AM