How to edit user email? RRS feed

• Question

• From the user profile I can only see/edit the UPN, I cannot see/edit the email.

This is relevant to me because I'm testing SAML SSO and the attribute that I want to pass is user.mail and not user.principalname.

Thanks

Gabriel

Friday, May 29, 2020 10:10 PM

All replies

• Hi @gmullerazure,

To change Email address, you would need to use Exchange Online PowerShell Module. This can't be done by using Azure AD Module or Graph API.

1. Install-Module -Name ExchangeOnlineManagement
    2. Connect-ExchangeOnline
    3. Set-MailUser -Identity <UPN_of_the_user> -PrimarySmtpAddress new_mail@example.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please "Mark as answer" or "vote as helpful" wherever the information provided helps you to help others in the community.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're migrating from MSDN to Microsoft Q&A as our new forums and Azure Active Directory has already made the move!  In future, you can ask and look for the discussion for Azure Active Directory related questions here:    https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/topics/azure-active-directory.html.

Monday, June 1, 2020 7:11 AM