none
Javascript bug? RRS feed

• Question

• I created a javascript file that contains a series of functions for popup windows to eight diffrent info blurbs and found IE 7 displays a completely blank (white) page when calling the script via this method:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../includes/pop_windows.js" />

For the record, I tested same in Firefox, and it plays with it just fine.

Frustrated, I resorted to the less efficient (in my opinion) method of calling the scripts from the <head> section of the source page itself, i.e.:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
    <!--

function p1()    {
              aWindow=window.open("p1.htm","thewindow","toolbar=no,width=750,height=350,scrollbars=no,resize=no,menubar=no");
             }
    function p2()    {
              aWindow=window.open("p2.htm","thewindow","toolbar=no,width=750,height=380,scrollbars=no,resize=no,menubar=no");
             }
       ....etc ..............

//-->

</script>

It worked, but if I'm correct (someone please set me straight if I'm NOT) that IE 7 can't handle the first method, I hope they fix it.

-SacWeb

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 5:31 PM

All replies

• Maybe you should try to replace this line:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../includes/pop_windows.js" />

with:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../includes/pop_windows.js"></script>

I've had similar problem in IE6.

David

Thursday, October 26, 2006 9:12 AM
  • David,

Your genius was my gain today -- your suggestion works.

Much thanks,

SacWeb

Thursday, October 26, 2006 8:42 PM