none
frequent OST corruption RRS feed

• Question

• My organization began using the O365 containers in FSLogix late in 2019.  We had no problems in testing for about 20 - 30 users.  We implemented SMB Cloud Cache for our 2 sites (We have a primary location and a warm COOP site).  We expanded to 60+ users of our non-persistent VDI on VMware Horizion with O365 FSlogix containers and we began to see problems of OST corruption beginning a couple months ago.  Every weekend, we refresh or recompose our pool and each Monday 5 - 10 users call with errors logging into Outlook due to OST corruption.  (I'm currently showing Outlook as version 2002 --build 12527.20720 Clicktorun Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel.  Office 365 is built into my gold image.

I came across an article last week indicating OST corruption in recent updates in Outlook but we are not on that version.  Deleting the reg keys and the OST fixes the problem, so it's a start but I'd like to prevent the issue not fix it repeatedly.

I've checked specs on my FSLogix server and watched perfmon and I don't see anything indicating that there is any kind of performance problem.  Articles I've read indicate that OST corruption occurs from "improper shutdown" of Outlook.  The Inbox repair tool doesn't fix anything.  I've got users whining and management complaining.  Running out of ideas.  Open to any advice.  Thanks.

Referenced article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/something-is-wrong-with-one-of-your-data-files-and-outlook-needs-to-close-a3b59934-2446-4f2a-bd25-58f88188b9b2?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 2:33 PM

All replies

• We have been having the same issue. Latest version of FSLogix (2004), recent version of O365 but not the affected one in that article (1908), also using Cloud Cache. We have close to 500 users on VDIs, and since introducing FSLogix we've suddenly been getting regular calls about OST corruption, especially after recomposing VDIs for patching where we get dozens of calls. We've crawled our environment top to bottom and everything seems fine, we can't find any indication as to what's causing it. It's not just recomposing that causes it-- a full logoff has what seems like a random chance of resulting in a corrupt OST the next time they log in.
    Sunday, June 28, 2020 5:17 AM