none
Office add-in webbrowser control change default internet explorer version not interference with other add-ins

Question

• Hi all,

I have a office add ins (is a .dll that office load, this is an important details) inside the add-in we host a page and use webbrowser control to load the page,  that page only works with ie11.

All method I could found about change the webbrowser control compatibility version from default ie7 to ie11 is add the .EXE file in the registy, but guess what? add in is a assembly... so, how can I change the compatibility only for may add-in and not make any interference in other office add in if they use the web browser control?

Best Regards, and thank to take time to reed this....

Thursday, March 01, 2018 6:10 PM

All replies

• Hi DiegoCurbelo14042014,

According to your description, I suggest you could try to change the web page's codes to run the page well in ie7.

Could you please tell me the details error when open page in ie7?

Best Regards,

Brando

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 02, 2018 8:12 AM
  • Hi Brando, thanks for your quick answer, 

Well, It not possible to do that since the page that need to run is a third party SSO login and we not have control there, as pre-requisite they require to run a ie11+ version.

If I run that page on ie11 all on my add-in will work, but if I change configuration for other add-in (and yes, other client are complained since add-ins that they have works before my update and stop working after install my application).

the only workaround I could find is change Excel.EXE feature browser configuration or WindWord.exe using a key on registry. 

But this is not acceptable, with this I interference with other add-ins that have to run webbrowser control con ie7 version.

Change this configuration inside the control as a property is not an option? or use my add-in .dll name to not interference with other office add-ins??

Best Regards,

Diego

Friday, March 02, 2018 2:38 PM
  • Any update on this? this is important since we suport a large application that need a webbrowser control running inside a office add-in using ie11 version.

Regads,

Diego

Tuesday, March 06, 2018 2:12 PM