none
What is the best way to store the records of contributions i.e., Deposits, Withdrawals and Post Interest earned monthly in ms access RRS feed

• Question

• i have a table for all transactions 

This what I have

TransactionID

ContributionDate

ContributionAmount

TransactionType

TransactionID
    Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:17 AM

Answers

• Your design seems solid...

IF your TransactionType is not a Number (you just writing it up each time)

just add a Table TransactionTypes with a design like this

ID -->AutoNumber( Or number if they are a few and you want to have complete control)

TransactionType -->Short Text (To store the Name of the Transaction Type)

Notes --Short Text( Optional)

Change the TransactionType field to Number and on the form you perform the input just change the Field to a combobox with ControlSource the TransactionTypes  table.

Also...its it a copy/paste mistake the duplicate TranscationID ? or you want to keep the previous Transaction...so in this case it would better to name it like previousTransaction

• Marked as answer by edsel1234 Friday, September 20, 2019 2:36 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:37 AM
  • Here's an example front end video demonstrating Stock transactions being stored using Access 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CGfq7inKcU

If this post answered or helped you find the answer to your question, please mark it as such for other Forum users knowledge.

• Marked as answer by edsel1234 Friday, September 20, 2019 2:39 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:42 PM

All replies

• Your design seems solid...

IF your TransactionType is not a Number (you just writing it up each time)

just add a Table TransactionTypes with a design like this

ID -->AutoNumber( Or number if they are a few and you want to have complete control)

TransactionType -->Short Text (To store the Name of the Transaction Type)

Notes --Short Text( Optional)

Change the TransactionType field to Number and on the form you perform the input just change the Field to a combobox with ControlSource the TransactionTypes  table.

Also...its it a copy/paste mistake the duplicate TranscationID ? or you want to keep the previous Transaction...so in this case it would better to name it like previousTransaction

• Marked as answer by edsel1234 Friday, September 20, 2019 2:36 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:37 AM
  • Thank you, i will add a Transaction Type table. My Transaction ID is AutoNumber
    Thursday, September 19, 2019 10:37 AM
  • Here's an example front end video demonstrating Stock transactions being stored using Access 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CGfq7inKcU

If this post answered or helped you find the answer to your question, please mark it as such for other Forum users knowledge.

• Marked as answer by edsel1234 Friday, September 20, 2019 2:39 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:42 PM
  • Thank you it gives me an idea
    Friday, September 20, 2019 2:40 AM