none
Missing Microsoft.ShDocVw in C# coded UI test RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

During running C# coded UI test when trying to access some controls an exception is thrown with the following message:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ShDocVw, Version=8.0.50705.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I tried to find the mentioned DLL but I couldn't do it. Could you help me, please?

Thanks in advance,

Sandor

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 9:26 AM

All replies

• Hi michasanyi,

Can you please inform us which kind of UI test it is?

Which version of Internet Explorer you are using for making this test?

Which OS build you are using for testing?

Did you tried to upgrade the Visual Studio with the newer version? like your project was built in older version and you are trying to open it in newer version?

In that case you need to remove the problematic references and again need to add it properly may help to fix the issue.

You can refer this thread may helpful in this scenario.

Could not load file or assembly Interop.SHDocVw

Regards,

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:42 PM
  • ShDocVw.dll is part of windows. I used the File Explorer to search my Windows directory and I find it in C:\Windows\System32. That is what I have used many times. When you add the reference, go to the COM node then use the Browse button and browse to the directory. If you need HTML then you can get mshtml.dll in the same way.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 4:12 PM