Not able to print chart from Internet Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, am using microsoft chart control for my application

When we try to print my application page from Internet Explorer(version 6, 7) it does not print the chart image

but when we print from mozilla firefox, Google Chrome, and safari it works fine the chart image is also printed along with other contents on the page.

What could be wrong with IE ???

Thanks in advance !!!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:53 PM

Answers

• try this 

<add key="ChartImageHandler"value="storage=file;timeout=20;dir=e:\inetpub\whatever\temp\;deleteAfterServicing=false" />

you were right in putting storage as file but along with that you have to add deleteAfterServicing = false as shown above n give it a path it will work

n u knw wat this problem is only with Internet Explorer all other browsers I tried like Mozilla, chrome, safari print chart even with storage as session 

• Marked as answer by Ranjit Nair Friday, February 26, 2010 2:52 AM
    Friday, February 26, 2010 2:49 AM

All replies

• Hi, I'm facing a similar problem. Basically when I navigate to the page from localhost, it works. But, when I host it onto a webserver, and surf to it as an intranet site, I'm unable to print it. I thought it might be something to do with the following setting, as apparently the server then stores the files at the server, and hence probably during print, the image does not make it, and an X mark is printed instead.

<add key="ChartImageHandler" value="storage=file;timeout=100000;"/>

So I replaced it with the following, it still did not work.

<add key="ChartImageHandler" value="storage=session;timeout=100000;"/>

Am going to try changing the value to storage=memory, and see if that makes a difference.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:08 PM
  • try this 

<add key="ChartImageHandler"value="storage=file;timeout=20;dir=e:\inetpub\whatever\temp\;deleteAfterServicing=false" />

you were right in putting storage as file but along with that you have to add deleteAfterServicing = false as shown above n give it a path it will work

n u knw wat this problem is only with Internet Explorer all other browsers I tried like Mozilla, chrome, safari print chart even with storage as session 

• Marked as answer by Ranjit Nair Friday, February 26, 2010 2:52 AM
    Friday, February 26, 2010 2:49 AM
  • Now there is one more issue when i put storage as file for each and every chart that is rendered on page it stores the image in the specified folder and if i change the tag deleteAfterServicing to true it does not allow me to print 

now to delete these files was thinking of creating a windows utility that will run daily and delete all the files except the latest from the folder 

is there any better alternative to this ??

THanks !
    Friday, February 26, 2010 2:56 AM