none
Internet Explorer and Java Process RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

In IE there is a folder Low in temp which contains hsperfdata_username folder which contains Java Running process IE tab ID. In this case java profiling is not enable.

There is folder named hsperfdata_username folder which contains java process id used for profiling, but whenever i run java process (applet) in IE it start the jp2launcher (shown in task manager) but the id of jp2launcher is not visible in hsperfdata_username folder in temp.

What is this issue? Can any one explain how to resolve this?

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:58 AM

All replies

• Hi HariClever,

You had mentioned that,"whenever i run java process (applet) in IE it start the jp2launcher (shown in task manager) but the id of jp2launcher is not visible in hsperfdata_username folder in temp."

Does this issue only occur with IE? What if you try to use any other browser to reproduce the same issue?

Do you get the same result?

At present, The issue looks more related with jp2launcher and JAVA instead of IE.

Let me know about your testing result.

It can help us to narrow down the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 5:37 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

I tried with IE when protected mode is not enabled(32 bit) this issue is coming, whenever i run IE in protected mode all works fine.

I not tried with other applications, because my application only open in IE.

I think there might be settings in IE which cause this? one more thing i notice it will make an id file in hsperfdata folder but that process id is IE whenever i look in sysinternal process tool.

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 5:53 AM
  • Hi HariClever,

Generally When protected mode is on , It will not allow write and alter files to provide a secure browsing environment.

But you had mentioned that, It is only working under protected mode.

I suggest you to check for any pending windows related update and install it if any available then again try to reproduce the issue to check whether it exist or not.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 3, 2018 3:10 AM