none
Browser warnings RRS feed

• Question

• I've read a post from a few years ago that MS was not allowing users to disable warnings on machines they own. Is this still true?

I am being forced to use IE because my company builds it's modules in a way that demands IE.  So, I use it, and need to turn off the security, and what settings I'm allowed to use cause a warning bar that is really annoying, can I turn it off?

Also - why are there settings I can not turn off? I did pay for this machine, and the software, I'd like to know why you have decided for me that there are things in my personally owned property I'm not allowed to touch.

Saturday, July 25, 2015 3:34 AM

Answers

• This forum is for helping visitors in fixing their web sites.

If you wanna discuss IE usage on machines you own, visit answers.microsoft.com.

Visual C++ MVP

Saturday, July 25, 2015 5:15 AM
  • Hi Knapper,

the best ppl to talk to are the system administrators at your work place... when using their networks with your personal property you are subject to their security requirements. Turning of IE's security features may be in breach of your contractual obligations. They will also be able to show you how to configure your pc for private use when you are not connected to their networks. If you have installed another web browser on your pc, then you can always use it for your private use while at work, though your System Administrators may also limit what sites you can access from their networks.

To help your system administrators, include the full details of any error messages or warnings you receive with your questions.

For help with your Home use of IE please post to http://answers.micosoft.com (Help>Online Support menu from IE)

Regards.

Rob^_^

Sunday, July 26, 2015 4:57 AM

All replies

• This forum is for helping visitors in fixing their web sites.

If you wanna discuss IE usage on machines you own, visit answers.microsoft.com.

Visual C++ MVP

Saturday, July 25, 2015 5:15 AM
  • Hi Knapper,

the best ppl to talk to are the system administrators at your work place... when using their networks with your personal property you are subject to their security requirements. Turning of IE's security features may be in breach of your contractual obligations. They will also be able to show you how to configure your pc for private use when you are not connected to their networks. If you have installed another web browser on your pc, then you can always use it for your private use while at work, though your System Administrators may also limit what sites you can access from their networks.

To help your system administrators, include the full details of any error messages or warnings you receive with your questions.

For help with your Home use of IE please post to http://answers.micosoft.com (Help>Online Support menu from IE)

Regards.

Rob^_^

Sunday, July 26, 2015 4:57 AM