none
Clean up Exchange server after migration RRS feed

• Question

• We migrated Exchange 2010 from Domain A to a new Exchange 2016 server in Domain B, then decommissioned the Exchange 2010 server according to a guide I found on a TechNet forum. There's a 2 way trust so Domain A users can use the Exchange server in Domain B. I'm still finding some remnants of Exchange in Domain A AD that I would like to clean up if I can including:

Microsoft Exchange System Objects

Microsoft Exchange Security Groups

Can all of the msExch... attributes be removed from user objects and the 'showInAddressBoox' which causes an error when copying users if it's not blank.

Thank you!

Saturday, October 24, 2020 11:39 PM

All replies

• Hi AllenSS,

Then please be aware that actually this forum is meant for developing issues about Exchange. For Exchange general questions, the previous TechNet forums have been migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A. We have created a copy of it on Microsoft Q&A Platform: Clean up Exchange server after migration.

Kindly register the Microsoft Q&A Platform and continue the discussion out there with us.

Regards,

Lucas Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 26, 2020 10:39 AM