none
Get file download paths from WPF WebBrowser RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to get the file path of a downloaded file when using the WebBrowser control? I've seen that for WinForms you can subclass the WebBrowser and hook in your own IDownloadManager but I can't find a way to do that for WPF's WebBrowser.

At the moment I am trying to figure out whether a navigated URL is for a file in the Navigating event but there are many edge cases where this could fail. Also, it's a bit of an overkill since I just want to know the path that the user saved the file to.

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 10:17 AM

All replies

• Hi g.christou,

I try to check the issue and find that you are using WPF.

It looks like issue is more related with WPF Forum.

I try to confirm with MSDN WPF Forum about this issue and they had informed me to redirect you to WPF Forum.

I suggest you to post your issue in forum below, Which is correct and best suitable forum for your issue.

MSDN WPF Forum

I suggest you to close this thread before creating a new thread in WPF Forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Regards,
    Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 1:45 AM