none
How to diagnostic Edge Crash

Question

• I just build an expressJS app and it runs perfectly on chrome, firefox and safari, but it keeps crashing in edge. I know it is not a code issue because of the other browsers and I do net get any error thrown or error message logged to the console. Is there a way to log the crash events or to diagnostic the cause of the crashes. I tried it on different computers and the result is the same. On top of that, even when it works, the performance is not very good.

Most of the time the page loads correctly, then it refreshes for no reason but still loads correctly and finally it tries to reload a second time but will crash. It is always the same behavior. After the second time I get the ''You'll need a new app to open this" message.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If developing on localhost you need to configure your localhost loopback settings in Edge.... about:flags.

It sounds like your web app may be using flash? It is unusual for Edge to crash... you should include a link to your website with your questions.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Thursday, February 1, 2018 4:16 AM