none
An error occurred while Power Point was saving the file. in vb.net, Power point 2010 , windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Briefly, i am working on Presentation Engine VB.NET Application. Application co-operate with Power point 2007 and windows xp. But if i use windows7 and office 2010 it gives me error. Scenario:- I download presentation from url, internet explorer gives me three options open,save and cncel. If i choose save, it saves to local drive. after some modification if i want to save it back to application folder. i used add-in option available on Powerpoint 2010. It saves to application or we can say presenter. but if i choose open option, power point presenatation open. if i do some modification, and save using add-in. it not saves and gives me error:--> Run time error '-2147467259(80004005) Presentation (Unknown member): An error occurred while PowerPoint was saving the file. Can anyone Help me out Thanks Mangesh :-)
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:32 AM

Answers

• Hi MangeshB,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

It’s based on my experience that the presentation which you open is a read-only document. If you want to save it, I would recommend you set ReadOnly property as “msoFalse” of the Presenatation instance at first.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 25, 2011 1:57 AM

All replies

• Hi MangeshB,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

It’s based on my experience that the presentation which you open is a read-only document. If you want to save it, I would recommend you set ReadOnly property as “msoFalse” of the Presenatation instance at first.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 25, 2011 1:57 AM
  • Hello, I m having the same error, but my readonly is already set to false. I still am unable to save my presentation.  Here is where I tell it to save and the way I want it saved.

string thePath = "//BDCSERVER/SDrive/Files/INVESTORS/Investor Certificates" + thisYear.ToString() + "/" + InvestorType + "/" + investor + ".pptx";
    formatEd.SaveAs(thePath);

Here is where I open the original format powerpoint file I want to edit: 

Presentation formatEd = thatApp.Presentations.Open("//BDCSERVER/SDrive/Files/INVESTORS/Investor Certificates/certificate.pptx", Office.MsoTriState.msoFalse, Office.MsoTriState.msoFalse, Office.MsoTriState.msoFalse);
    Doesn't this look right to you?

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 6:22 PM