none
turn off print dialog box

Question

• i am develepping a kiosk application for a Banking client i should print some remote PDF document on local browser directly on the default printer. We do not want the client does select any devices for the printing. I was looking on the internet about any clue but i did not find any one. It seems that no clear solution.Any help ?
    Friday, January 26, 2018 6:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

kiosk IE (iexplore.exe -k [url]) does not have a menu UI. Kiosk IE are usually installed on dedicated machines running a restricted user profile, so that users don't have access to the windows shell.

Do you mean you have set up a kiosk computer that allows users/visitors access to IE (iexplore.exe) and other windows programs.

use GPEdit to modify the userProfile of the account that the kiosk computer runs under so that they don't have access to modify the printer control panel, the internet control panel, the run dialog and other features.

PDF documents are hosted in third-party activeX controls in IE....depending on the vendor... there may not be any GPO admin files (for which you can manage the GPO settings for their product).

The PDF document reader ActiveX control from Adobe accepts query parameters which you can use to limit the Print options of the hosted PDF document.

See Adobe's developer documentation.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Sunday, January 28, 2018 12:08 AM