none
Javascript RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm new to all of this IE plug-ins stuff.

I want to make just one simple extention\plug-in (or however you use to call it), all it has to do is run a simple javascript code on each website's "onload".

Thank you all for helping !

by the way my email is logpinch@gmail.com if you want to help me by email.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2008 6:51 PM

All replies

•  

It seems Greasemonkey project is what you need: http://www.gm4ie.com/

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 8:41 PM
  • Yes, that's exactly what I want to do.
    I would like to use it but where is a problem ...
    This plugin is not only for me, it's also for some other people and I realy want them to know that I made this plugin and not anyone else. I also want it to be just one EXE to MSI file for a quick install withount any other junk.

Do you get my point ?
    I need to build it all of the beginning.
    I am a programmer, I'm just new to all of this type of programming.
    I am familiar with the following languages:
    JS,CSS,XHTML,HTML,PHP,SQL,VB.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 9:08 AM
  •  

They provide source code for Greasemonkey project, so you can get an idea how to start it doing yourself.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 9:39 AM
  • Yeah I've already downloaded it and opened it but C++ is just realy not my thing.
    I have searched the forums for answers and I found something but I have no idea how it connects to IE:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/browser/mshtml/reference/ifaces/window2/execscript.asp
    I just don't know how to use this function every documentComplete (after each page loads).

I would like to have some help with how to create a program that every time the documentCompleted event is fired I use the execscript function and I know that rest.
    After some more searching I found out that it's some how related to BHO, but how do I make one ??

Thanks !

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 11:00 AM
  • Thanks.
    I've just printed the second article:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb250489(VS.85).aspx

and I'm having a problem at the very beginning:
    1. On the File menu, click New Project....
      The New Project dialog box appears. This dialog box lists the application types that Visual Studio can create.
    2. Under the Visual C++ node, select "ATL" if it is not already selected, then select "ATL Project" from the Visual C++ project types. Name the project "HelloWorld" and use the default location. Click OK.
    3. In the ATL Project Wizard, ensure that the server type is "Dynamic-link library (DLL)" and click Finish.

I don't have that "ATL" option under the C++ node. Sad

Can anyone help me with this ?
    Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:31 PM
  • It seems you are using an Express version of Visual C++. I am afriad you need to upgrade your Visual C++, or code the COM object without the library support.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:38 PM
  •  

Hi All

We need to add or translate the javascript codes in VC++. Is there any chance?

Regards,

Subbu

Thursday, March 6, 2008 9:04 AM