none
Slow Network Access RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using SQLCE 3.5 in various VB.NET applications for a number of years now but have just run into something I've never seen before and it has me stumped.

While debugging within Visual Studio 2010 everything runs fine (with the database on a local drive or on the network). But, when running the program outside the VS environment (either the debug or release configuration) access to the database is very, very slow when it is located on the server.

What could possibly be going on here? I don't have this problem with any of my other applications. I'll admit that I'm not very familiar with the inner workings of the configuration files. Could there be something lurking in there that's causing this?

Friday, May 29, 2020 10:40 PM

Answers

• Source of the problem has been discovered but the reason not so much.

Admin had installed new security software and the "realtime shield" feature interferes with the network access.

Still no idea why it doesn't do so when running in the development environment.

• Marked as answer by SamNHI Sunday, May 31, 2020 7:10 PM
    Sunday, May 31, 2020 7:10 PM

All replies

• Wonder if this is related? http://erikej.blogspot.com/2013/08/faq-why-is-opening-my-sql-server.html

Please mark as answer, if this was it. Visit my SQL Server Compact blog http://erikej.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 30, 2020 6:25 AM
  • Instal your  Microsoft  windows.

hassansayedissa

Saturday, May 30, 2020 6:45 AM
  • Nothing there seems to apply to my situation.

The problem seems to only occur within the compiled versions of my application. I've done some quick tests with accessing the database by other means and it doesn't seem to show up.

Sunday, May 31, 2020 5:04 PM
  • Source of the problem has been discovered but the reason not so much.

Admin had installed new security software and the "realtime shield" feature interferes with the network access.

Still no idea why it doesn't do so when running in the development environment.

• Marked as answer by SamNHI Sunday, May 31, 2020 7:10 PM
    Sunday, May 31, 2020 7:10 PM