none
How to check all the opened Internet Explorer Tabs

Question

• Hi,

I wan to to know all the opened tabs of Internet Explorer by using Javascript or Jquery or MVC. How to read them and I want to show the opened tab URL's in a Alert box. I'm using IE 10 and above. I have ActiveX Control as well.  

Friday, March 02, 2018 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Rammycher,

As far as  I know, you couldn't get the other tab's information, this information is just not available via any standard interface (except for a window you already have a reference to).

If you're a user ,you wouldn't want the site owner for one of your tabs to be able to know what all your other tabs were showing, that would be a massive invasion of your privacy.

For windows you already have a reference to, you can get the URL of whatever that window is showing (window.location.href), and possibly that of its parent window (window.parent.location.href), top-level (window.top.location.href).

This information is likely available via the extension mechanism of various browsers (Firefox add-ins, Chrome Extensions, etc.), but that would be only for a browser extension, which requires an explicit install from the user, and (currently) requires writing one for each browser vendor, where not all vendors offer an extension mechanism.

Best Regards,

Brando

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 05, 2018 2:24 AM