none
WebDav - Microsoft Excel 2016 not able to save RRS feed

• Question

• I have a set up the ITHit WebDAV server on our company website which works great on Office 2007/10/13 with PowerPoint, Word and Excel. However I have recently updated to Office 2016 and I have found that Excel no longer works, however Word and PowerPoint work OK.

Monday, November 6, 2017 7:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Divyang-HighQ,

According to your description, i know here is IE web development forum, i am not clear your issue if is related to the IE? please give us a detailed description.

Best Regards,

Eric Du 

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:34 AM
  • Hi,

you can inspect the request and response headers from the Networking tab of IE Dev tools.

Office documents are usually opened by ActiveX extensions in IE. Use the Tools>Manage Addons>Show All Addons.... Microsoft section.... located your office extensions in the list and click them to display their property pages which will show you the version and status (enabled/disabled).

Your Office Upgrade should have included a number of updates to your IE Office Extensions.

There is also a security setting for include local directory path in file uploads which is by default turned off for intranet websites. Your server side code should not be dependant on the local file path.

Regards.

Questions about html, css and scripting for web site developers using MSIE browsers.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:34 AM
  • Its not about IE browser. Its problematic in all browser with MS office 2016.

I am using webdav servlet for receiving request and ITHitWebDAVClient for edit any office documents like .xlsx, .docx etc...

When we save any excel file that time it prompt one message like "UPLOAD FAILED We'are sorry updated the server copy and it's not possible to upload your changes now." Keep My Version  Keep Server Version

Its only problems with MS office 2016. Its working fine with office 2013.

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 12:37 PM
  • Hi Divyang-HighQ,

I think this issue is related to the Office, here is IE Web Development forum, so i think you could get a suitable help in this forum:

TechNet Office Forum: 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?category=officeitpro  

Best Regards,

Eric Du 

Friday, November 10, 2017 9:44 AM