none
Memory Leak IE with Angular App or web forms when refreshing while using F12

Question

• I've found the next issue https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/issues/11106982/ which has been resolved for Edge browser. I've tested our application and it works fine. The memory gets free well. But the issue is still reproduced for IE 11.706.17134.0 Could you please clarify if the issue is planned to be fixed for IE11 or not?

I bringing it up since for most users, IE11 is still the default browser, not Edge and our customers are complains about memory usage.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 11:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Denis Sychev,

Microsoft had already stopped providing feature updates for Internet Explorer.

IE 11 will only get security related updates.

So this issue will remain in Internet Explorer and IE will not get any fix related to this issue in future.

As a work around, You can suggest your users to use MS Edge. 

MS Edge (Chromium) Will get launch soon. Which can be run on other Windows OS like Win 7 and Win 8.

You can check it's pre released version by visiting link below.

Reference:

Microsoft Edge Insider Channels

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 3:04 AM