none
EPM + ActiveX (IE create new process for plugin object and destroy it immediately) RRS feed

• Question

• on Windows 10 x64, with Enhanced Protected Mode (EPM) - on, and EPM-compatible flag available in registry (plus all needed options to run ie in x64 mode - on), IE 11 create new process (for plugin object?) and destroy it immediately. Main plugin class is not trying to create.

this plugin works normally in Windows 7 + IE 11 in x86 and x64 modes with EPM, and when run without enabled EPM on Windows 10, when IE runs x86 process. Here, plugin, runs inside IE process with main site page.

On Windows 8.1 plugin works too, but with strange artefacts with main window position.

This is a custom plugin, and needs to work with big 3D models, and needs to run in x64 mode. Its based on ActiveForm.

Friday, July 5, 2019 11:26 PM

All replies

• Please explain more details about your question? what's the "new process"? and could you please explain more detail about the plugin, how can we reproduce the problem on our side?
    Monday, July 8, 2019 3:28 AM
  • Hi, "new process" - when new process creating, its can be seen visually, on process window of Process Explorer or Windows Task Manager - new image with new PID.

on Windows 7, when site opens - IE make new process for site, and when plugin objects is created - we dont se no any new processes, but on Windows 10, when plugin objects is created - we can see - how new process creating an destroying immediately. I dont see any visual differences, at this time, in VersionAuditLog.CSV normally added string like 'http://xxx/xxx/1.OCX,3.3.1.0,3.3.1.0,Allowed,Not in blocklist,EPM Compatible'

P.S. in 2 days, i prepare and public a small site with direct link and simple plugin to easy reproducing
    • Edited by PFFyodor Monday, July 8, 2019 8:06 AM
    Monday, July 8, 2019 7:52 AM
  • P.S. - i dont see "new process'es" with this blank plugin, but plugin do not starting in Windows10+IEx64+EPM

to easy tests - if you Run IE with administrative laws - its runs in x86 mode, ignoring all EPM parameters (tested on our pc) and plugin runs normally

P.S.S. - Additionally, i was made an empty C++ MFCATL ActiveX plugin from some samples, and, this one works like that too: Win7 x64+ie11 x64 mode - normal work, Win10 x64 + ie11 x64 mode - dont work (in VersionAuditLog.CSV file - was added positive record, but plugin object was not created, and plugin file not used by any process - i was try to found it by process explorer)
    • Edited by PFFyodor Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:33 AM
    Wednesday, July 10, 2019 11:14 AM