none
BizTalk 2013 and SAP HANA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Does anyone have any experience integrating BizTalk Server 2013 with SAP HANA. Is it very different than connecting from BTS to SAP systems or is it all the same as long as we have the SAP system details and we can use the WCF-sapbinding to connect to SAP HANA system. Any inputs on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!!

Monday, May 2, 2016 6:06 AM

Answers

• HI Rvaidya,

I researched relevant information about SAP HANA, we can run the SAP HANA in-memory database in your own business with an on-premise deployment. But I cannot find available way to integrate BizTalk Server 2013 with SAP HANA.

For this issue, you could also consult SAP HANA experts, and check whether they can give good solution for you.

In addition, if you cannot determine your answer here or on your own, consider opening a support case with us. Visit this link to see the various support options that are available to better meet your needs:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Have a good day.

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Monday, May 16, 2016 2:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, May 16, 2016 2:52 AM
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 2:31 AM
  • Are you asking about accessing the HANA in-memory database as a database, or about connecting to the SAP S4/HANA as an ERP system?

I have been told connecting to S4/HANA from BizTalk will be no different than connecting to older SAP ECC/ERP systems. In other words, we will just use the WCF-SAP adapter. I'm not sure if it will still support the classic RFC library or will require the newer NCo connection type. Disclaimer: we do not yet have a S4/HANA instance running I can test this against.

• Edited by twhensley Friday, July 21, 2017 2:45 PM typo
    • Marked as answer by integrator007 Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:58 AM
    Friday, July 21, 2017 2:45 PM

All replies

• HI Rvaidya,

I researched relevant information about SAP HANA, we can run the SAP HANA in-memory database in your own business with an on-premise deployment. But I cannot find available way to integrate BizTalk Server 2013 with SAP HANA.

For this issue, you could also consult SAP HANA experts, and check whether they can give good solution for you.

In addition, if you cannot determine your answer here or on your own, consider opening a support case with us. Visit this link to see the various support options that are available to better meet your needs:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Have a good day.

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Monday, May 16, 2016 2:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, May 16, 2016 2:52 AM
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 2:31 AM
  • I am just starting to investigate this. So far, using the HANA ODBC driver that is provided as a HANA client interface looks to be my best bet. I would have to use the TwoConnect ODBC BizTalk adapter, which I have not yet evaluated. It is also possible to expose HANA data through an OData web-based interface, but I'm trying to avoid having to do too much on the HANA side. Plus, the only OData adapter I've been able to find (from CData) costs $$$, and I'm also trying to avoid that.

Isn't it beyond time for Microsoft to provide their own ODBC and OData adapters? (Hint, hint).

Please let me know what you've discovered since May 2016.

Friday, January 27, 2017 7:27 PM
  • Have you had any luck since this post?
    Monday, July 17, 2017 9:10 PM
  • BTS 2013 R2 (CU2) offers support for the SAP .NET connector
    https://www.codit.eu/blog/2016/01/04/microsoft-adds-support-for-sap-net-connector-in-biztalk-server-2013-r2/

Needs some engineering from the looks of it though

/Peter

Monday, July 17, 2017 9:19 PM
  • Are you asking about accessing the HANA in-memory database as a database, or about connecting to the SAP S4/HANA as an ERP system?

I have been told connecting to S4/HANA from BizTalk will be no different than connecting to older SAP ECC/ERP systems. In other words, we will just use the WCF-SAP adapter. I'm not sure if it will still support the classic RFC library or will require the newer NCo connection type. Disclaimer: we do not yet have a S4/HANA instance running I can test this against.

• Edited by twhensley Friday, July 21, 2017 2:45 PM typo
    • Marked as answer by integrator007 Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:58 AM
    Friday, July 21, 2017 2:45 PM
  • We were able to connect to HANA ERP system using WCF-SAP adapter.
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:00 AM
  • Hello,

We are trying to connect s4 HEC Sandbox server and Biztalk 2013 through WCF SAP adapter,we are getting an error :reject connection request from biztalk dev server.Do you think any compability settings or Dll's missing ?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Gopi

Thursday, October 31, 2019 11:22 AM